• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good information, again. Sweden is plateau-ing and they didn't shut down their economy. They used smart distancing and sanitary/isolate the vulnerable style measures.
Hopefully, this is something we can adopt this summer and fall.

I wonder if there is a genetic component to this? Germanic tribes seem to be able to handle this virus better than others.
I've wondered the same thing but I doubt it will get much conversation given the current world climate.

I fully expect the economy will begin to reopen on May 1st although some areas like NYC may not reopen until later.
I hope it starts next week. I applaud Texas governor Abbott's desire to re-open his state! Let's get back to work and back to being the land of the free and find our courage!

I hope it starts next week. I applaud Texas governor Abbott's desire to re-open his state! Let's get back to work and back to being the land of the free and find our courage!
Im sure Trump would love to open it back up next week but i think he will feel pressured to wait until May 1st.

It needs to be done state by state and each state assessing where they're at. Because of ignorance of our leaders and citizens in Georgia, we're going to be far later than most states.

None of which we could do here because people like you and Mathew70 demand people be allowed to do as they please.
We can do it and most here in America do it. When I am out I practice social distancing. You can point me out but believe me there are more than you think that believe and have same feelings I do. I agreed to the lockdown till end of April. Shaggy maybe you can afford to stay at home but the majority of Americans can not. Like I have been saying. The scale will tip the other way if we do not start opening back up the economy in May. At least parts of it. Just look at the news. Things are starting to get ugly with families getting hungry. Also China yesterday had its biggest spike in more cases that quiet sometime. The world can not continue to stay shut down. Hopefully a vaccine is made soon but we all are going to have to face this virus till there is a vaccine.

We can do it and most here in America do it. When I am out I practice social distancing. You can point me out but believe me there are more than you think that believe and have same feelings I do. I agreed to the lockdown till end of April. Shaggy maybe you can afford to stay at home but the majority of Americans can not. Like I have been saying. The scale will tip the other way if we do not start opening back up the economy in May. At least parts of it. Just look at the news. Things are starting to get ugly with families getting hungry. Also China yesterday had its biggest spike in more cases that quiet sometime. The world can not continue to stay shut down. Hopefully a vaccine is made soon but we all are going to have to face this virus till there is a vaccine.
Ive noticed a lot of the people who say we should be shut down a few more months are people who are well off financially or people who have a secure job.

I love that we are now seeing headlines that give us hope. I just saw a headline that read " Gov Cuomo says worst is over for NY".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back