• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't find any major metropolitan area outside of China (who's data is wrong) that compares to New York City on a population density however Madrid looks to have come within 50%.

1586815512846.png

Dr. Fauci states in today’s press conference that Trump instituted the shutdown/restrictions as soon as he and Dr. Birx recommended them. Is he telling the truth? Who knows, but it sounds like Dr. Fauci will be sticking around, which is good.

I couldn't find any major metropolitan area outside of China (who's data is wrong) that compares to New York City on a population density however Madrid looks to have come within 50%.

View attachment 39483

A big part of New York's problem was the insane decision by NYC officials to allow the Feb. 9th Lunar New Year celebrations to proceed as normal. Absolute madness.

A big part of New York's problem was the insane decision by NYC officials to allow the Feb. 9th Lunar New Year celebrations to proceed as normal. Absolute madness.

Agreed. Honest question: has the media held the mayor accountable?

Well, he has no authority to do so. That's up to each state. Before he said he couldn't make them shut down so he wasn't going to say anything. Now he's saying he can? LOL
Pretty sure hes referencing the federal workforce. As well as corono taskforce recomendations

Updated for today for GA statewide: today not a good day at all but much of this could be due to “makeup” after the relatively quiet holiday weekend:

Here are some 24 hour changes (based on 7 PM) back to 3/28 for # of new cases/# of new deaths:

Sat 3/28: 168/4
Sun 3/29: 317/14
Mon 3/30: 349/4
Tue 3/31; 1,085/38
Wed 4/1: 631/29
Thu 4/2: 696/22
Fri 4/3: 523/22
Sat 4/4: 416/10
Sun 4/5: 359/11
Mon 4/6: 816/75
Tue 4/7: 1,598/54
Wed 4/8: 1/033/21
Thu 4/9: 696/43
Fri 4/10: 974/13
Sat 4/11: 402/7
Sun 4/12: 289/10
Mon 4/13: 1,076/38

I'm just warning you guys not to become extremely excited about the possible reopening, because it's likely we'll end up in a similar situation later this year or shortly after reopening. It's going to take a few cycles of closing and reopening to completely rid the virus, unless we want to just stay open until late summer. Not trying to be a bummer, but Pandemics often have many cycles and waves, just a warning.

I'm just warning you guys not to become extremely excited about the possible reopening, because it's likely we'll end up in a similar situation later this year or shortly after reopening. It's going to take a few cycles of closing and reopening to completely rid the virus, unless we want to just stay open until late summer. Not trying to be a bummer, but Pandemics often have many cycles and waves, just a warning.
Thanks for the heads up Debbie Downer

A little inconvenient fact for some folks, well face it, a huge inconvenient fact.

From the March 9th Whitehouse Briefing; these aren't gotta lock the country down immediately the sky is falling statements from Fauci and note that Trump declared a National Emergency on March 13th

Q You’re up, Tony. (Laughter.)

More and more organizations, charities, are canceling fundraising events, other events. Is that prudent? Is that an overreaction? Do you think the President should continue with campaign rallies? And do you believe that people, even if they’re healthy, should get onboard a cruise ship?

DR. FAUCI: Okay, so there’s multiple different questions, John.

So the idea about individual entities — governors, mayors, or whatever — canceling activities that are not coming from a direct recommendation from the federal government, I think that they have the — I don’t “think”; I know they have the authority to do that. But what they’re probably acting on is what they would consider, for their citizens, an abundance of caution.

Most of the time when that happens, it usually is in an area where there is already documented community spread. And Dr. Redfield mentioned the four areas right now that are having community spread that’s documented. But you know there may be — as we know, it’s a rea- — it’s a possibility that there’s community spread going on in areas in which we’re not detecting it yet. And I think that’s the response of the individuals, be they mayors or governors, who have you, who are doing that. So I wouldn’t criticize them for that. They’re using their own individual judgment. And to me, I think that that would be prudent.

Q Campaign rallies?

DR. FAUCI: You know, I can’t comment on campaign rallies. It really depends. We are having — as we’ve all said, this is something in motion. This is an evolving thing.

So, not sure what we’re going to be able to say at the time where you have a campaign rally. If you’re talking about a campaign rally tomorrow, in a place where there is no community spread, I think the judgment to have it might be a good judgment. If you want to talk about large gatherings in a place where you have community spread, I think that’s a judgment call. And if someone decides they want to cancel it, I wouldn’t publicly criticize them.

Q I asked one last one about cruise ships because a lot of people are planning cruises over the spring break.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Oh, that’s — yeah.

Q Would you recommend that anybody, even a healthy person, get onboard a cruise ship?

DR. FAUCI: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I think if you’re a healthy, young person, that there is no reason, if you want to go on a cruise ship, to go on a cruise ship. Personally, I would never go on a cruise ship because I don’t like cruises — (laughter) — but that’s another story.

But the fact — the fact is that if you have — if you have the conditions that I’ve been speaking about over and over again to this group, namely an individual who has an underlying condition, particularly an elderly person that has an underlying condition, I would recommend strongly that they do not go on a cruise ship.

I had a meeting with an ED director of one of Atlanta's large hospitals yesterday and their daily census is so small now that they are not using a large portion of their department. We know the peak keeps getting pushed back for Georgia but their case load is getting smaller by the day.

Updated for today for GA statewide: today not a good day at all but much of this could be due to “makeup” after the relatively quiet holiday weekend:

Here are some 24 hour changes (based on 7 PM) back to 3/28 for # of new cases/# of new deaths:

Sat 3/28: 168/4
Sun 3/29: 317/14
Mon 3/30: 349/4
Tue 3/31; 1,085/38
Wed 4/1: 631/29
Thu 4/2: 696/22
Fri 4/3: 523/22
Sat 4/4: 416/10
Sun 4/5: 359/11
Mon 4/6: 816/75
Tue 4/7: 1,598/54
Wed 4/8: 1/033/21
Thu 4/9: 696/43
Fri 4/10: 974/13
Sat 4/11: 402/7
Sun 4/12: 289/10
Mon 4/13: 1,076/38

As of noon today vs 7PM yesterday, GA has risen by 602 cases and 21 deaths. These aren’t good numbers. Let’s see where GA is as of 7PM today. Tuesday has been a tough day relative to surrounding days the last 2 weeks.

New York with a 14% increase in deaths since yesterday. 40% of people being tested are positive for Covid-19.

13.9% of pregnant patients were found to have Covid-19 at NYC hospitals between March 22 and April 4. None of them had symptoms. 1% had symptoms before entering the prenatal unit. That's nuts.

I'm not buying into this whole idea that hitting a peak with confirmed cases or deaths somehow means that the threat is on the decline, especially in the highly urbanized, populated, and mass transitory City of New York. I would keep that area quarantined as long as possible.

New York with a 14% increase in deaths since yesterday. 40% of people being tested are positive for Covid-19.

13.9% of pregnant patients were found to have Covid-19 at NYC hospitals between March 22 and April 4. None of them had symptoms. 1% had symptoms before entering the prenatal unit. That's nuts.

I'm not buying into this whole idea that hitting a peak with confirmed cases or deaths somehow means that the threat is on the decline, especially in the highly urbanized, populated, and mass transitory City of New York. I would keep that area quarantined as long as possible.

I saw about the pregnant woman this morning. It brings the question, are we really just getting a very small percentage of the total cases where only a very small percentage has severe symptoms or does asymptomatic carriers infect other people with Covid that is asymptomatic.

Don't let other's bring you down on this thread. I agree with everything you said. I don't understand how people can just completely turn a blind eye to a pandemic. Whether people like it or not, most places will not be opening in May and the states that decide to do so will end up regretting it. Politics play a huge role in this as well, all politicians want is to get reelected. So, they will give in to whatever the majority of voters in their state want. And despite what many say, this isn't an attempt to control us. It's trying to save us from making epic mistakes. Things are never going to go back to normal. Even if we do end up reopening sooner than later. This all sucks. No other way to say it. But I can tell you that's as bad this is for us, I can promise you that it's hell for people in epicenters who are having to bury their loved ones in mass graves in AMERICA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back