• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A better method of comparing nations (not just for C-19 but for pretty much anything) is on a per capita basis. By that measure, Spain is the most infected country.

View attachment 39448

Do NY state or NYC. Ill say it again. They have more cases than any other country in the world. NY and the Northeast is the epicenter of the pandemic in the world and is part of the USA. I just don’t get how someone can see it another way but it is what it is. even per capita NY/NYC is going to be the highest and that’s the USA.

Do NY state or NYC. Ill say it again. They have more cases than any other country in the world. NY and the Northeast is the epicenter of the pandemic in the world and is part of the USA. I just don’t get how someone can see it another way but it is what it is. even per capita NY/NYC is going to be the highest and that’s the USA.

You're telling me that NY state has more cases than China?

oh come on.gif

This is why no matter what one does. Everyone will be exposed to it. Even in SK patients that recovered from being positive are now getting it again. Vaccine is only hope to stop it.

If People are getting it again, a Vaccine is of little use.

This may have been posted, but it's worth reading, if for nothing more than to realize that it's quite possible that the coronavirus effects, even in non-severe cases, are much more insidious than we want to imagine.

Coronavirus infection may cause lasting damage throughout the body, doctors fear

This is why no matter what one does. Everyone will be exposed to it. Even in SK patients that recovered from being positive are now getting it again. Vaccine is only hope to stop it.
This was never about stopping the virus completely. It was about slowing the spread of it to buy time to get us to a vaccine and prevent hospitals from becoming overwhelmed. Using this time we can prepare and expand our capacity so we can appropriately handle the virus. If we "reopen" like it was 5 months ago soon, we'll be at risk of overwhelming the hospitals still. It's got to be done in phases. Basically as we go down we slowly reopen what we closed.

Good information, again. Sweden is plateau-ing and they didn't shut down their economy. They used smart distancing and sanitary/isolate the vulnerable style measures.
I'm pretty sure Sweden has had some really wonky data reporting and they are actually on a big upswing. Like the weekends they barely report anything at all. Thought they were starting to implement more restrictions cause what they were doing wasn't working.

Well, he has no authority to do so. That's up to each state. Before he said he couldn't make them shut down so he wasn't going to say anything. Now he's saying he can? LOL
He can restrict federal dollars from flowing to states with shut downs. I don't think that would look good for him, but he could do it.

Well, he has no authority to do so. That's up to each state. Before he said he couldn't make them shut down so he wasn't going to say anything. Now he's saying he can? LOL

It's probably more about giving governors the political cover to ease restrictions in their states (although he does have authority to order the tens of thousands of federal employees who had been told to stay at home back to work)

He can on the federal levels. Yes each states choice. Luckily I live in a state that understands and the gov sees the bigger picture and the implications if we stay shut down to long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back