• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol you tried hard but are still wrong
If you cherry pick the data you can say anything you want, a population of over 300m needs to be compared appropriately and the only thing close would be China's hardest hit provinces and we all know their data is complete and utter b.s.

But keep trying, you're not even close at this point.

Blanket statements such as we're the epicenter or we're worse than the rest of the world without statistical analysis to back them up are sheer nonsense.

Alaska has been removed from the United States Sq Km since it's almost as large as a combined Italy - UK Sq Km and skews the analysis.

View attachment 39107

Keep trying...
Why would you be using land area? Empty land doesn't catch anything.

Pretty encouraging death toll report today for the US that may suggest we’re starting to nose downward from the peak, although given it’s a Sunday I would temper my optimism to some degree as Sundays/Mondays have often featured lower death tolls due to day-of-week effects.

Pretty encouraging death toll report today for the US that may suggest we’re starting to nose downward from the peak, although given it’s a Sunday I would temper my optimism to some degree as Sundays/Mondays have often featured lower death tolls due to day-of-week effects.
With everything shut down now im not sure why it would matter whether it's the week or weekend. Every day is the weekend right now.

1) Labs are closed
2) This ain't pretty ...

Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 7.40.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-12 at 7.39.59 PM.png

It might be due to it being a Sunday, but the GA Sun evening report vs 24 hours ago is encouraging fwiw with 289 new cases, 27 new hospitalizations, and 10 additional deaths. These are lower than most of the recent 24 hour numbers.

It might be due to it being a Sunday, but the GA Sun evening report vs 24 hours ago is encouraging fwiw with 289 new cases, 27 new hospitalizations, and 10 additional deaths. These are lower than most of the recent 24 hour numbers.
I wonder how that compares to last Sunday.

I wonder how that compares to last Sunday.

I'll compare this weekend to the past two weekends for GA statewide:

Sun 3/29 7 PM vs Fri 3/27 7 PM

# New Cases: 485
# New Deaths: 18

Sun 4/5 7 PM vs Fri 4/3 7 PM

# New Cases: 775
# New Deaths: 21

Sun 4/12 7 PM vs Fri 4/10 7 PM

# New Cases: 691
# New Deaths: 17

Also, here are some 24 hour changes (based on 7 PM)back to 3/28 for # of new cases/# of new deaths with Sundays bolded

Sat 3/28: 168/4
Sun 3/29: 317/14
Mon 3/30: 349/4
Tue 3/31; 1,085/38
Wed 4/1: 631/29
Thu 4/2: 696/22
Fri 4/3: 523/22
Sat 4/4: 416/10
Sun 4/5: 359/11
Mon 4/6: 816/75
Tue 4/7: 1,598/54
Wed 4/8: 1/033/21
Thu 4/9: 696/43
Fri 4/10: 974/13
Sat 4/11: 402/7
Sun 4/12: 289/10

Based on these #s, we may very well have already peaked in GA but we'll know a whole lot more once we get through about Wednesday since Tue and Wed have been the most active days..

Last edited:
If you cherry pick the data you can say anything you want, a population of over 300m needs to be compared appropriately and the only thing close would be China's hardest hit provinces and we all know their data is complete and utter b.s.

But keep trying, you're not even close at this point.

People can go back and read my posts. They were not cherry picked. I laid out facts and you did statistical gymnastics to cherry pick the data that fit your narrative. It’s pretty simple. I won’t link the posts a third time but I laid out the data. It is what it is. NY by itself is the most infected area in the world.

People can go back and read my posts. They were not cherry picked. I laid out facts and you did statistical gymnastics to cherry pick the data that fit your narrative. It’s pretty simple. I won’t link the posts a third time but I laid out the data. It is what it is. NY by itself is the most infected area in the world.
Keep trying, eventually you'll convince somebody..

lol

Iceland finds that half its citizens with coronavirus have shown no symptoms
Published: April 10, 2020 at 7:42 p.m. ET
By
Nicole Lyn Pesce
The island nation has tested more of its population for COVID-19 than any other country

from Marketwatch.

A better method of comparing nations (not just for C-19 but for pretty much anything) is on a per capita basis. By that measure, Spain is the most infected country.

1586786007891.png

A better method of comparing nations (not just for C-19 but for pretty much anything) is on a per capita basis. By that measure, Spain is the most infected country.

View attachment 39448
That's very interesting to me. The UK had a "designer" approach to social distancing at first, yet their per capita is lower than ours. Also, do you have any updates on Sweden?

That's very interesting to me. The UK had a "designer" approach to social distancing at first, yet their per capita is lower than ours. Also, do you have any updates on Sweden?
The UK’s testing regimen is a joke. Not that ours is great, mind you. They have so many cases they just aren’t picking up. Their per capita death rate is far worse than ours.

View attachment 39448

Indeed, although I tend to think confirmed cases are pretty meaningless at this point. For example, the UK appears to be doing well on that graph, but that’s only because they are not testing much at all. Same goes for France.

Sure - I've added Sweden to the chart; their per capita is lower than even the UK.

1586786768814.png

Indeed, although I tend to think confirmed cases are pretty meaningless at this point. For example, the UK appears to be doing well on that graph, but that’s only because they are not testing much at all. Same goes for France.

Yes, the chart makes note of that caveat. A more concrete measure is probably deaths per capita.

1586787123331.png

Yes, the chart makes note of that caveat. A more concrete measure is probably deaths per capita.

View attachment 39450
Good information, again. Sweden is plateau-ing and they didn't shut down their economy. They used smart distancing and sanitary/isolate the vulnerable style measures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back