• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure we will get back to “normal” until heard immunity is built up. Get comfortable. My dad and I have talked about this a couple times over the past few weeks. Things will never be the way they were before. And that’s ok. Not the end of the world either way. Stay safe everybody

Not sure we will get back to “normal” until heard immunity is built up. Get comfortable. My dad and I have talked about this a couple times over the past few weeks. Things will never be the way they were before. And that’s ok. Not the end of the world either way. Stay safe everybody

disagree. Once we get a vaccine and herd immunity COVID will be treated like the seasonal flu. The reason behind what we are doing now is to not overwhelm the HC system until we develop some immunity and a vaccine. Once that happens it’s back to complete normalcy. Jmo

disagree. Once we get a vaccine and herd immunity COVID will be treated like the seasonal flu. The reason behind what we are doing now is to not overwhelm the HC system until we develop some immunity and a vaccine. Once that happens it’s back to complete normalcy. Jmo
Please don’t take this as condescending but, for instance, when the “All clear” is given are you going to just run out to your favorite restaurant and sit down to eat? Or will it be a gradual warming up/testing of the waters before you go sit down at the local Outback and eat a 12 ouncer? Maybe we get back to normal, but it certainly will take some time. A lot of time imo. It’s weird now. No denying that

More than they are now I'm sure.

Theaters arent broke. They charge $5 for a .35c drank.
Yeah, but I mean it might be cheaper for them to just shut down than operate at that capacity (not sure, though).

Please don’t take this as condescending but, for instance, when the “All clear” is given are you going to just run out to your favorite restaurant and sit down to eat? Or will it be a gradual warming up/testing of the waters before you go sit down at the local Outback and eat a 12 ouncer? Maybe we get back to normal, but it certainly will take some time. A lot of time imo. It’s weird now. No denying that
For me, I probably mostly will but I'm in my upper 20s with no comorbidities. But I think in general things are going to be a bit different in the months after an "all-clear" is given as a lot of people, especially higher-risk individuals, will likely take a while to get back out.

May be in vain but I hope at least regular life is starting to transition back, even if slowly, between May 15th-June 1st. That may mean a very abbreviated normal though, some of the things being described already in here (ie: the bowling alley example).

Man lol, when that happens, it's going to be crazy even for somewhat hermits. I have cavities that I need fixed and I know I can't call anyone to schedule anything right now (and I probably wouldn't have scheduled those in time even if I tried, thankfully they usually don't bother me), will need a haircut by then, and honestly not long after we get the all clear, I'll probably be in a car heading to La Fayette, GA. That's not to forget that I'd like to retest with the TEAS if possible (although some doubts are creeping in for me there overall).

It will take a long time. With a big chunk of society never facing a big obstacle, the stigma will last a long time. Even if it becomes quickly controlled and the US death count stops at 10k, the damage is done. I'm curious if we will see a flood of people heading to more rural sections of the country when this is all said and done.

This all said it will differ based on area. If this is indeed the peak, a lot of the rural states will probably go back to normal.

It will take a long time. With a big chunk of society never facing a big obstacle, the stigma will last a long time. Even if it becomes quickly controlled and the US death count stops at 10k, the damage is done. I'm curious if we will see a flood of people heading to more rural sections of the country when this is all said and done.

This all said it will differ based on area. If this is indeed the peak, a lot of the rural states will probably go back to normal.
I was tempted to post about what you just said but now you triggered me to lol!

The south , especially places like NC and Georgia have been overwhelmed overdeveloped and taken over by greed . The people just pour in , they want more more more. Bigger highways , more suburbs , more schools ewwww push those rednecks further out unsightly in my manicured subdivision. I don’t care how rural you think your area is it isn’t immune they will build develop and move everywhere .

Point is if you thought yanks were pouring in before this then you ain’t seen nothing . It’s about to be hurricane Harvey .... but raining northerners .

Greed is destroying this damn earth. I don’t personally blame the people moving a virus like this would make anyone rethink dense living to be fair .

100% I will. Go back to shaking hands, eating out, zoo, aquarium, vacations etc.

I think being careful for a week or two, just so there are no secondary spikes is a pretty good thing to do. But what the hell do I know...

As soon as the words “all clear” are said, I will immediately get back to everything we used to have. Movie theatre, restaurants, ect. I’m not waiting a second.

Absolutely this. I went out the other day on my day off trying unsuccesfully to find a sit down restaurant

I miss it. I eat fast food a lot when I'm working and my days off are my break from that and this drive thru stuff gets old quick

but I'm also still young and no real issues so maybe its different for me

also while I'm taking a break from vacations right now(well-timed in retrospect lol), I'm fully planning still on being at the beach in late July... got a cheap deal way back in the winter and it ain't that cheap now lol

Last edited:
I think a lot of people aren't going to be able to afford going back to their old lifestyle. Also, it's easy to say I'll go back out and live exactly the way I did before all this happened, if you haven't been personally affected by the virus. But if there's no viable treatment option, and you've had a loved one get really sick or pass away, you're probably going to think twice, especially if you have an underlying health concern, like millions of people.

My guess is that you're going to see 3 camps emerge: Those who rush right back into life, those who are cautious for a time, and those who can no longer afford their previous lifestyle.

The announced update to the COVID models did not occur yesterday and the banner to check back on April 4 was removed.

No indication why?

I think a lot of people aren't going to be able to afford going back to their old lifestyle. Also, it's easy to say I'll go back out and live exactly the way I did before all this happened, if you haven't been personally affected by the virus. But if there's no viable treatment option, and you've had a loved one get really sick or pass away, you're probably going to think twice, especially if you have an underlying health concern, like millions of people.

My guess is that you're going to see 3 camps emerge: Those who rush right back into life, those who are cautious for a time, and those who can no longer afford their previous lifestyle.

That is the kicker right there. Even if we shock the world and come out of this thing as good as possible, with the rest of the world still getting hit and China dealing with periodic outbreaks, the economic look isn't rosy.

Good point. I think you naturally see it slowly ramp up for a month or so. Cautious people will keep it thinned out in the beginning which isnt a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back