• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how this even happened, fortunately no one has serious complications but this has rocked that little county, wow!

Officials won't name the facility, but everyone in the county will know which one by tomorrow AM. How many senior centers are in a county of only 20k residents?

Edit: I shouldn't assume it was a senior center, since that wasn't specifically mentioned in the article.

Officials won't name the facility, but everyone in the county will know which one by tomorrow AM. How many senior centers are in a county of only 20k residents?

Edit: I shouldn't assume it was a senior center, since that wasn't specifically mentioned in the article.
Word is, it is an assisted living or rest home also good idea which one it is. There's only 4 or 5 over there.

I dont understand how all these people are testing positive. We have been locked down for weeks now. Shouldn't that be diminishing the spread ?

The Knicks owner just tested positive for the coronavirus.

As a NY Rangers hockey fan (He owns them too) I can only hope that he recovers and then decides to dump a ton of money into the rebuild. As a hockey team owner he’s not too bad. As a basketball team owner he’s horrendous.

It spreads much easier in households. The lockdown and shelter in place sends infected to be in close quarters with the vulnerable.
So yeah. The virus "spreads" more if you stay home. If people travel, the virus is less likely to spread....

How on earth did it spread out of Wuhan and China in the first place?

Too bad Dr. Fauci's co-authored article was published in the New England Journal of Medicine and not in the Southernwx Corona thread..

I would've loved watching the peanut gallery accuse him of comparing Corona to the Flu..

Yeah just imagine if we had been prepared and handled this in a way with massive testing. The amount if early data would have been huge in helping shape a response.

So yeah. The virus "spreads" more if you stay home. If people travel, the virus is less likely to spread....

I’m not saying it doesn’t spread in other ways. I’m saying it spreads easily among family. Hence the reason we are getting cases in SIP areas.

I’m not saying it doesn’t spread in other ways. I’m saying it spreads easily among family. Hence the reason we are getting cases in SIP areas.
what is your argument exactly? Obviously by moving around in public more, you're going to have a greater chance of bringing the virus home, thus infecting your family.

Because the Chinese government clamped down on doctors who first tried to warn about the outbreak, and because President Xi is an idiot.

1585486008286.png

After you let the virus run rampant through a well-connected society for a few months, then it's going to spread everywhere. It's too late to do much of anything effective now, in terms of containment/stopping it.

Outside of forcibly locking people in their homes, the only hope we have is to hope people keep their distance from each other out in public everywhere, practice really thorough hygiene, and sanitize the crap out of every new piece of material they bring into contact with themselves or into their homes. Maybe then, we can keep the rate of spread just slow enough to keep from overloading the hospitals. But I see videos and real life examples every day of people not doing this. Not all that many are taking this seriously. We need to be acting much more responsibly. Leadership could and should really unite their message around this and help us act and do better.

Outside of a cure or a very effective treatment, that's all we have. And it's unfortunately going to have to be this way for a very long time, which is going to put great pressure on the economy, both domestic and global.

Interesting read on our situation here in Georgia. Gov Kemps top aide says the media and medical personnel is over hyping the virus.
Another reason why he likely won’t be re-elected if you base it off how a lot individuals from Georgia including those in this thread feel about him. His state has some of the highest totals and he wants to act like it’s not serious. Hope he enjoyed the governor’s mansion because I doubt he will be in it much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back