• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's doing it to push back against outrageous Chinese government propaganda this week that casts blame for the original Wuhan outbreak on the United States (he never called it "Kung-flu", btw).

But if some snowflake reporters feel "mocked", then that's just gravy.

It would be great if all of us, including politicians and the media, could refrain from words like, "snowflakes" or "libtard" or "rightwingers". We need to unite. I mean let's stop this crap and act like The UNITED States.

It would be great if all of us, including politicians and the media, could refrain from words like, "snowflakes" or "libtard" or "rightwingers". We need to unite. I mean let's stop this crap and act like The UNITED States.
Ryan just let it slide off you. They are just words. Just like baby boomer and millennials. Words will never go away. Words don’t define the United States.

Wait, community spread in Wilson county?
Yep first confirmed one in the state.... Also, basically governor not making any changes now to current orders but due to the confirmed community spread case they aren't ruling out additional measures.

You're absolutely right. I've edited the post to correct my egregious verbiage.

1584639294860.png

This evening the county commissioners here in Athens-Clarke County will be voting on a "shelter in place" lockdown ordinance. The ordinance would prohibit all travel "including, but not limited to, travel on foot, bicycle, scooter, motorcycle, automobile, or public transit, except Essential Travel and Essential Activities". Under the proposed ordinance, all businesses in ACC except "Essential Businesses" (food retailers, gas stations, banks, etc) would be required to cease all activities (except for "Minimum Basic Operations" - payroll processing, inventory management, technical maintenance, etc).

Restaurants would not be able to offer any dine-in service at all, but they'll continue to be allowed to provide delivery and carry-out.

This evening the county commissioners here in Athens-Clarke County will be voting on a "shelter in place" lockdown ordinance. The ordinance would prohibit all travel "including, but not limited to, travel on foot, bicycle, scooter, motorcycle, automobile, or public transit, except Essential Travel and Essential Activities". Under the proposed ordinance, all businesses in ACC except "Essential Businesses" (food retailers, gas stations, banks, etc) would be required to cease all activities (except for "Minimum Basic Operations" - payroll processing, inventory management, technical maintenance, etc).

Restaurants would not be able to offer any dine-in service at all, but they'll continue to be allowed to provide delivery and carry-out.

Now that’s something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We as Americans should expect a large increase of positive cases over the next few weeks as testing increases exponentially. That is no reason to panic. It could be a good sign overall. Yes it means there are many many more cases out there that we don't know of but it also means that most of the cases aren't serious or we would have heard about them with the hospitals being over run. In my opinion, we have to be real careful here about doing long term total lockdowns. What would the US look like if we were locked down for 3 months? 6 months? How much of the Economy will survive. Do we want to be living in a 3rd world country? These are questions we need to figure out the answers to make the right decisions. I'm all for being protective and saving lives but we have to use our heads here. Hopefully the malaria drug or others will really make a huge difference.

We as Americans should expect a large increase of positive cases over the next few weeks as testing increases exponentially. That is no reason to panic. It could be a good sign overall. Yes it means there are many many more cases out there that we don't know of but it also means that most of the cases aren't serious or we would have heard about them with the hospitals being over run. In my opinion, we have to be real careful here about doing long term total lockdowns. What would the US look like if we were locked down for 3 months? 6 months? How much of the Economy will survive. Do we want to be living in a 3rd world country? These are questions we need to figure out the answers to make the right decisions. I'm all for being protective and saving lives but we have to use our heads here. Hopefully the malaria drug or others will really make a huge difference.

Yep, any kind of stats right now has to be looked the the lenses that most cases right now are really the sickest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back