• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Caperil 2021

Hmmm, looks like we're overachieving on temps (despite the CAA), which suggests impressive mixing heights.

DFW is currently at 79*F. Might be able to snag a 80*F high after all today.

Intra-hour 80*F it is for today! ?

After dealing with below zero wind chills/temperatures without heat for 48 hours, I'm done with any type of weather that requires (at minimum) a jacket, which for me is anything below 70*F.

I'll take the heat *ANY* day.

We’re going to get another cool spell, just not sure when. Hoping we’ve seen our last freeze, but I suspect high elevation areas at least flirt with one more freeze before end of month.
Yeah you’re probably correct. People got to remember that many of us haven’t reached the average date of the last freeze. I know for CLT that date is 4/5.... I’m not sure about RDU or GSO, but I would guess it’s several days later. Personally I’m ready for solid warmth to take over so the pool water will start warming up, but there’s no reason to worry about it being delayed. After all we’re in the south so we know the heat and humidity is gonna come.

Last edited:
Yeah you’re probably correct. People got to remember that many of us haven’t reached the average date of the last freeze. I know for CLT that date is 4/15.... I’m not sure about RDU or GSO, but I would guess it’s several days later. Personally I’m ready for solid warmth to take over so the pool water will start warming up, but there’s no reason to worry about it being delayed. After all we’re in the south so we know the heat and humidity is gonna come.
CLT and rdu both average their last freeze in the first few days of April , not the 15th. GSO as well. Pretty sure GSO and CLT average their last freeze on the last days of March now 91-20.RDU doesn’t though still stuck in April . Smh.

CLT and rdu both average their last freeze in the first few days of April , not the 15th. GSO as well. Pretty sure GSO and CLT average their last freeze on the last days of March now 91-20.RDU doesn’t though still stuck in April . Smh.

Same here in DFW, although the latest freeze on record was 4/13.

However, I'm pretty sure we're done with frost/freezes here for the season.

EDIT: Correction. The average last date for a freeze is 3/12.

Back