• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Caperil 2021

Euro gets 2000 sbcape to Montgomery with 4000+ in south central MS. Looks like the best wind fields don’t align with the best instability. But as we have seen in previous events, that can change.

I am all for holding the heat off, summers here are brutal enough. But this weather is the most boring stretch that I can remember in April. We need the heat though. Heat=instability and obviously that equals CAPE. I swear if we get a threat and we end up getting wedged, I am going to lose it!

There is always that possibility we go from these below normal temps to hot and dry pretty quickly, like we did in May 2019. I'm not expecting that, however. I think we have 2-3 weeks of active weather, then by May 25, heat ridge kicks in.

There is always that possibility we go from these below normal temps to hot and dry pretty quickly, like we did in May 2019. I'm not expecting that, however. I think we have 2-3 weeks of active weather, then by May 25, heat ridge kicks in.
Which is why we want it to be 50 until then . We don’t want any in betweeen actually enjoyable pleasant lovable outdoor weather with low humidity in the 70-85 degree range . That would be too much .

Which is why we want it to be 50 until then . We don’t want any in betweeen actually enjoyable pleasant lovable outdoor weather with low humidity in the 70-85 degree range . That would be too much .
I'd be cool with 50s if it was raining. Nothing worse than 50s with a roaring NW wind in late April. It'll feel colder than mid winter

I'd be cool with 50s if it was raining. Nothing worse than 50s with a roaring NW wind in late April. It'll feel colder than mid winter
That’s probably an over exaggeration lol, but yeah it wouldn’t feel good . I’d take a cool rainy day but not 50s, maybe low 60s.

Back