• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Caperil 2021

I think I mentioned this earlier in March ... I feel like we’ve had cooler late periods of winter and they kind of head into the spring time a lot more as of recently (eh past 5 years or so) it’s an odd observation but I don’t really know if it’s just us getting lucky ( or unlucky however u view ?) or if it’s something more permanent happening with our climate
In the past 5 years we had our warmest April ever . Back it up quit the anecdotes and back it up.

Ugh!!!

FXUS64 KFWD 180853
AFDFWD

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Fort Worth TX
353 AM CDT Sun Apr 18 2021

...New Long Term...

The combination of clear skies and lighter surface winds will
yield excellent radiational cooling processes early Wednesday
morning and some patchy frost across parts of the region. Low
temperatures in the 30s are expected across most of North and
Central Texas, with a few areas along and north of I-20 and west
of I-35 dipping to near or below freezing. A Freeze Watch for
parts of North Texas was strongly considered given the average
last freeze for North Texas is usually in mid to late March.
However, we`ll hold off on issuing a watch for now and keep an eye
on trends as high res guidance is able to capture this time
period. Current forecast lows for Wednesday morning at both DFW
and Waco are 38 degrees, which would break the previous records
(39 degrees set in 1918 for DFW and 43 degrees set in 1910 for

Waco) for April 21st.

I didn't look into much on the Euro but my first thought when looking at the mslp and h5 maps is good thing we likely aren't going to get a quality moisture return before this system
View attachment 81983

I would bet 100 bucks(if I were a betting man) that moisture return is way under modeled there.

If it is that is a very nasty setup.

500wh.conus.png

I would bet 100 bucks(if I were a betting man) that moisture return is way under modeled there.

If it is that is a very nasty setup.

500wh.conus.png
Yeah the high shifts into a good spot in the SW Atlantic to help feed moisture, just not sure if it's there long enough. Given the time of year it's getting harder and harder to not have at least some instability

I don't think next weekend's system is going to work out if your a severe weather weenie. I think the first 2 weeks of May will be hopping, however. Mayhem May?

That look on the ICON is nasty, gonna be some sort of wedge boundary/stationary boundary with this setup with that SE Canada vortex in place 07AA7473-2879-440D-A8BC-4DC6873A8F20.png

Back