• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August '22

79f27d37b691c23e2f9304f23c4b7523.gif

30 day running precip total will be back below 1 inch soon. Last can kicking rain was 11 days ago, last significant rain was 23 days ago. Grass is toast where I'm not watering. Starting to see wilt in shrubs and some leaf drop in trees. Next 5 show near 0 rain chances. The front next week will have to be timed well or it'll be another dud

30 day running precip total will be back below 1 inch soon. Last can kicking rain was 11 days ago, last significant rain was 23 days ago. Grass is toast where I'm not watering. Starting to see wilt in shrubs and some leaf drop in trees. Next 5 show near 0 rain chances. The front next week will have to be timed well or it'll be another dud
Death Valley gets higher temps and more rain than you bro ?

B49F5E51-4D3D-458F-A9AB-ED5362DE3B02.png

Death Valley gets higher temps and more rain than you bro ?

View attachment 120420
I'd wager that everyone on this board minus about 3 or 4 people have more rain than me since 6/1. it doesn't even make me mad anymore it's just sad and really hard to believe. I still can't wrap my head around potentially going 2 summers without over 1.5 from a single storm (will have to check the numbers to verify) especially when places 5-15-25 miles away get 2 months worth of rain in an evening

I'd wager that everyone on this board minus about 3 or 4 people have more rain than me since 6/1. it doesn't even make me mad anymore it's just sad and really hard to believe. I still can't wrap my head around potentially going 2 summers without over 1.5 from a single storm (will have to check the numbers to verify) especially when places 5-15-25 miles away get 2 months worth of rain in an evening
My normal precip for August is like 3.5”! That seems very moist, but we shall see!

I believe I am one of those 3 or 4. I live in Chapin and I ended July with .9 inches and have had 2.5 inches since June 1 while the surrounding areas, (the Central Midlands) have had so much that people are complaining of the water. My last 1+ inch rainfall was May 11. People here have given up watering their lawns because we can't keep up. My lawn is at least 50% brown and there are even large trees now showing stress. I feel your pain Bud.

The wx doesnt get any more bland than it is for wx enthusiast. You can track Widfires out west or SAL in the Atlantic. 7 day forecast never changes really. Low 90s over mid to upper 70s. 20 to 30% chance storm. To hot to fish,golf, fill in blank.

Back