• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August '22

Here's a picture of that pond I mentioned earlier. You can see how the grass had grown after the spring and early summer dry spell. It held its own in July with the help of solid rains but has began dropping again exposing more pond bottom

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220825-152547_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220825-152547_Gallery.jpg
    433.7 KB · Views: 26
Feel like I got trolled after my post yesterday....0.01" at my house.....but there were 1+" totals in all 4 cardinal directions

Screenshot_20220826-072358_RadarScope.jpg

Can someone who's smarter than me explain the disparity in temperatures only 30ish hours away?
Tomorrow Euro has me at 89.
1661526691635.png

3K Nam is only mid 80s
1661526745794.png

But the GFS is at mid 90's?
1661526803022.png

I was busy yesterday, but this squeaky wheel got the damn grease in those overnight hours. 2.32" On and Off through the night.

And the best kicker, maybe my fortunes are turning. Lucked out with some random little cell in the middle of nothing, for a nice 0.25" icing.

View attachment 120887
It appears my luck was not turning around.

ezgif.com-gif-maker (4).gif

Yeah the desert is back. Places all around us getting a pile of rain but not here. We might get .02 if we are very lucky. We really need the tropics to heat up if we going to avoid a serious drought.
I find this hard to believe because I was at the Gaffney and Union county game last night and the game went for a grand total of 2 possessions before the bottom fell out and it looked liked a hurricane outside with how bad the wind was and how hard the rain was. And it went on like that for 2 hours and they cancelled the game not even 45 minutes after it started. There was definitely a dent put in the “drought” at least in your county last night.

Looking at the models, it appears we're moving down into 2nd summer.
We will hit upper 80s for couple days, but should transition other way through holiday weekend and following week. The tropics will be the caveat post labor day as we head back to work.
The End is fast approaching. September is flip month. Starts off all summery feel with heat, humidity and ends with indian summer wX. The worst we expierence by late Sept is Days of highs 75-80 and nights down to 55-60 range.
Wx here pretty much follows the standard seasonal calendar of change. Sept21,Dec21,March21,June 21. Best 2 seasons of the year to me are Fall an winter.

Back