• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August '22

For DFW, despite the "sharp" cool down from mid-August on, 2022 is still on track for a top 5 warmest Summer on record (most likely either #3 or #4) with the 2nd highest number of 80*F+ lows on record and the 6th highest number of 100*F+ highs on record.

FWIW, will only need 1 more 100*F+ day to make the top 5.

Desert begets desert! The ole Shetley split! 8DA5227B-2592-4F27-9BCD-1EFD5352F368.png

Somewhat off-topic, but did anyone see this "Rainbow Scarf Cloud?" I must admit I have never heard of this, but it is very cool:

I know I've had plenty this summer when you look at totals. But most of that was last month. That is gone and August has been bad just like June. Yes I'm complaining again because this is getting ridiculous, my grass is suffering and I can't buy a drop.KGSP - Super-Res Reflectivity Tilt 1, 5_44 PM.gif

The GFS has backed off on having most of us get 2+ inches of rain I see. Showing some areas with less than .50 over the next 16 days. GSP is already backing off on pops next Friday and Saturday and will probably go lower later on. We are quickly going into what are normally our driest couple of months each year. I do not see the tropics waking up either, so many of us may have to wait until November to get significant widespread rainfall. 2001 is the year that best fits what I think is coming up. We went 60 days straight days that fall without measurable rainfall here. The big heat probably is not over either. 100+ is still on the table for many of us.

Got .55 here this evening.
?

Good riddance to August is all I gotta say... A hot dry month overall. Yesterday had a bit of rain but not nearly enough. Today was back to blazing sun yay

At least September should have a legit front at some point
Yeah I'm very glad August is almost over. At least in September you are pretty much guaranteed cooler weather at some point.

Back