• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August '22

The GFS has backed off on having most of us get 2+ inches of rain I see. Showing some areas with less than .50 over the next 16 days. GSP is already backing off on pops next Friday and Saturday and will probably go lower later on. We are quickly going into what are normally our driest couple of months each year. I do not see the tropics waking up either, so many of us may have to wait until November to get significant widespread rainfall. 2001 is the year that best fits what I think is coming up. We went 60 days straight days that fall without measurable rainfall here. The big heat probably is not over either. 100+ is still on the table for many of us.

The GFS has backed off on having most of us get 2+ inches of rain I see. Showing some areas with less than .50 over the next 16 days. GSP is already backing off on pops next Friday and Saturday and will probably go lower later on. We are quickly going into what are normally our driest couple of months each year. I do not see the tropics waking up either, so many of us may have to wait until November to get significant widespread rainfall. 2001 is the year that best fits what I think is coming up. We went 60 days straight days that fall without measurable rainfall here. The big heat probably is not over either. 100+ is still on the table for many of us.
It's just hard to get extreme heat the later in the year it gets. It happens, but it's harder. Sun angle lower, not as much daylight, etc.

False

I received 2.15 inches of rain at the house yesterday. That puts me at over five inches for the past week. I couldn't buy a drop of rain back in June and July when I needed it for my vegetable garden and now I've got more than I need. The garden did not do well this year, especially with any plant that grew on a vine because of the earlier dry conditions. If the current pattern continues to hold I might plant a fall/winter garden with some leafy vegetables and take advantage of the more frequent precipitation we are now receiving.

Insanity in Dallas this morning. Well over 8 inches of rain overnight. Could be their wettest August ever after not raining for weeks

Meanwhile an hour up the road it barely rained at all

We had rain for about 10 minutes here last night... Barely wet the pavement and now today is sunny and headed close to 90 again yay

It looks like the Hunga-Tonga Volcano is causing significant disruptions in the stratosphere with record breaking cooling. This could explain the extreme weather event's lately since aerosols take 6 months to cross hemispheres. Studies show this would cause significant warming in the troposphere, but the opposite is happening in Australia. They are getting record breaking cold and snow. Same for southern South America. Really don't know what this means for the mid term in the US, but the stratosphere temps in the North Hemisphere, just took a plunge. We are in unprecedented times with respect to modern civililization.

FatnwNEXgAAWqGH

Fayd00xUcAA2GH-

Back