• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August '22

Nothing here yet, but a few scattered showers popping up in the FA

Tc3IFyk.jpg

Unfortunately the fukan clouds ahead of the front have spoiled the skies tonight, I can't see the full moon rise this evening, farken perfect timing :mad:

Kinda sick, now over this Summer "heat"..
Yes, physically Sick.. Central Ac went out on Tuesday.
My poor Dog, a Chow is crying over this, bathing Him (along with Me in the bath tub..)..

Been trying to bare with temps of 95~100F+ here inside My home.. Along with the stupid Humidity..
currently..
82F
Dew Point 72 F
Humidity 72 %
HVAC folks are backed up.. No telling when they can get here..

Jesus, wish I even had a small window AC unit to work with.. Being on SSA, I even cannot afford that..
Please break the HEAT!

My poor Dog, a Chow is crying over this, bathing Him (along with Me in the bath tub..)..

Been trying to bare with temps of 95~100F+ here inside My home.. Along with the stupid Humidity..
currently..
82F
Dew Point 72 F
Humidity 72 %

Jesus, wish I even had a small window AC unit to work with.. Being on SSA, I even cannot afford that..
Please break the HEAT!
What the system doing? If it is just buzzing outside and the fan isn’t running and the compressor isn’t coming on it’s probably a capacitor($15-20 in electrical supply stores)I had to change mine out a few weeks ago. You have to be cautious changing them out, but it’s a five to ten minute job and I’m sure YouTube has videos on it. You can normally tell because the top of the Capacitor(where the prongs are) is bulged out.

currently..
82F
Dew Point 72 F
Humidity 72 %

Please break the HEAT!
Me to. I feel your pain brother. I know it's awful without any Ac. Especially with pets. I've been there before. My Ac went out in early July and I had bought a window unit for a backup that has been in storage for about 9 years and thankfully thats what is just getting me by right now till I can get my heat pump fixed. Hang in there. A little relief is on its way now in cooler temps and a lot lower humidity.

currently..
82F
Dew Point 72 F
Humidity 72 %

Please break the HEAT!
I bought a window unit one time from Walmart and I used it for a day or two and I took it back and got my money back.

The front is taking it's sweet time pushing through which is helping to rack up totals. Good call Shane.
If Monday performs like it should RAH may have to dust off flash flood watches later in the week next.

As for the test of the day looks like the front is getting into northern wake and starting to bubble some new stuff. We have one more shot at another organized slow moving round through probably later morning

Last edited:

currently..
82F
Dew Point 72 F
Humidity 72 %

Please break the HEAT!
Are you able to crack open the windows for better ventilation to cool it a bit (esp. if you've got bug screens)?

If Monday performs like it should RAH may have to dust off flash flood watches later in the week next.

As for the test of the day looks like the front is getting into northern wake and starting to bubble some new stuff. We have one more shot at another organized slow moving round through probably later morning
Looks like an ofb on radar. Is that the front?

Back