• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Arid August

The heat is gonna come back but dang... that's about as nice as it gets in mid August here. Also it's still been a better summer than the last two. Hopefully that's a good sign for winter because ironically thats also been 2 in a row that sucked Screenshot_20240807_221931_The Weather Channel.jpg

Last edited:
As of yesterday morning’s update I had received 10.3” from Debby. I’ve since had an additional 0.6” to give me a Debby grand total (over 3 days) of 10.9”, easily the largest amount from a single event here since Matthew of Oct 7-8, 2016.

Together with the 10” I got 7/19-8/3 from PM convection, I’ve received 20.9” during just the 20 day period of 7/19-8/7. Thus, any possible heavy rains from tropical or other during the next few weeks could be extra problematic.

Mid 70s for Caesar's Head next week. Not too shabby for first half of Aug! 😍

Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 78.
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 60.
Monday
A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 75.
Monday Night
A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 61.
Tuesday
A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 76.
Tuesday Night
A 30 percent chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 61.
Wednesday
A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 75.
Wednesday Night
A 30 percent chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 61.
Thursday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 75.

I’m in yellow in NW Georgia, and unfortunately my area hasn’t received a single drop of rain from Debbie or anything else since then. Feels like when the next map comes out, there will be a vast sea of white, with one tiny square of orange centered right over my house. lol.

I’m in yellow in NW Georgia, and unfortunately my area hasn’t received a single drop of rain from Debbie or anything else since then. Feels like when the next map comes out, there will be a vast sea of white, with one tiny square of orange centered right over my house. lol.
Rain chances are gone until third week in August it appears. We will be orange again by then.

Back