• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Arid August

We fixing to go tee it off down here after we inhale these baby backs. The dew point is at 80. This may be my last post ever. Water standing everywhere, i think the mosquitos all drowned, havent encountered any yet. But the point of my post is this Dewpoint. Went out and watched a HS practice this morning. I dont miss those at all. Gamedays yes.
At my house that's not the case. I mowed the lawn and cut some tree branches. When I got outside late yesterday afternoon, I looked at my legs and there were at least ten Japanese mosquitos that had landed on me. I went back in the house to bathe in mosquito repellent and after that I had no problems although I could hear them buzzing around my head when the lawnmower wasn't running. I did have a yellow jacket sting me in the ear and I had to destroy the second yellow jacket nest I've found in my yard this year.

94/82 and the neighbor is cutting grass with a push mower.
I use a push mower myself. Sitting at a desk for a living doesn't give you much exercise and doing yardwork with a push mower can give you a pretty good workout. I am getting older and the day will come that I'll have to switch to a riding lawnmower.

I use a push mower myself. Sitting at a desk for a living doesn't give you much exercise and doing yardwork with a push mower can give you a pretty good workout. I am getting older and the day will come that I'll have to switch to a riding lawnmower.
I try to as much as I can, but with a HI of 117 I’ll pass. He finally did finish but had to stop every 10 minutes or so.

Cart path only today sounds like hell
It was. Played at Carolina National, right beside the Lockwood Folly River.Had a great breeze,but it was like a fan blowing steam out of boiling water. Worst I've ever sweated playing Golf. Good news is we finished in 2 hours and some change. Smart folks stayed at home.
Side note, Came back home tonight through Green Swamp. On 74 in Robeson County,The Lumber River is way up. Noticed a bunch of cars parked and congregated together at the end of some side roads. No doubt its where they cant drive to their driveways,houses. Didn't notice Friday on way down, so that river had risen even more. Like a lot of folks on here, no one down there can afford another hit for a few weeks minimum. It would be catastrophic. I think we can avoid the E storm. Its last week August through Seot 10th time period that worries me. If the windiw is left cracked open,gonna be plenty of opportunist storms around at that time me thinks.

My first pop up since Debby is about to start. Last pop-up was 8 days ago (8/3).

Edit 5:10PM: There was one very close CTG lightning strike. The rain was heavy for awhile but the bulk lasted under 30 minutes. It looks like I got at least 0.5”+, just what the doctor didn’t order. I’ll know more later about the amount.

Last edited:
Back