• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry April Fools? (1-2) Surprise Storm

I’ll help. The NAM tends to significantly overdo qpf. Is qpf up a lot vs earlier runs? Often it is twice as heavy as reality when it is much heavier than other models.

This year it has actually been somewhat to dry with qpf, for example that ice event back in January, but I think it’s probably overdone here, also this snow is gonna be paste, so 10:1s aren’t that useful anyways

This year it has actually been somewhat to dry with qpf, for example that ice event back in January, but I think it’s probably overdone here, also this snow is gonna be paste, so 10:1s aren’t that useful anyways
You only get paste when part of the column is above freezing. The soundings don't support that. If the thermals are correct this could be greater than 10:1

The entire column is solidly below freezing. Even at the surface it is at freezing. I don't see this map as being accurate at all. How's it not going to accumulate?

That image is a liquid to snow ratio image. It shows the rain:snow ratio and not accumulations. Such as 10:1 etc

All the NAM products over did the "event" we had here in GA earlier this month? Whatever the hell was the one I wasted my time driving to Macon for. Had like 2-4 inches and it didnt even snow there.

You only get paste when part of the column is above freezing. The soundings don't support that. If the thermals are correct this could be greater than 10:1

I’m closer to the R/S line tho, anyways good lift in the DGZ, but a very close sounding17CA8695-0E71-4B97-BA0F-36C15601F61F.png

0Z FV3 is heaviest in many runs but beware of the fake TT snow:
2C5953DC-4821-4425-8816-FD5F35AAD749.png

Back