• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry April Fools? (1-2) Surprise Storm

For places like Mount Airy NC and back down to Hickory NC...winter storms often fail to materialize if there is no moisture established prior to the Appalachian Mountains. It’s difficult to get it to form east of Atlanta, Georgia and have it thrown back north west. This is where places like Charlotte NC become more favored IMO. My ground zero spot would be between Concord and Albemarle for accumulating heavy wet snow.

I don’t care if this busts ? anyways this is a first call and actually the first snow map I’ve ever made, I have those question marks becuase areas farther west could have a shot with this, anyways I’m a noob at this so sorry if this map sucks lol, in faxt give some constructive criticism to this map so I can get better with this type of stuff
C9439D71-F002-4ABC-8001-6F40F5EC0F49.jpeg

Last edited:
This is my favorite line, echoing most everyone's sentiment here.

"The question remains...where was this system back in February?"

We had a system like this, I think it was January but it was suppressed OTS unfortunately lol. Just our luck to get the perfect track in early April.

And whaaddooo you know, so far looking similar to the 12z NAM, energy at H5 is extremely important in this event, timing this run so far has been just a tad faster, but see the difference it makes

Back