• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern April Chasing ???⛈⛈⛈

I

gosh darn I know :/ ... hoping for a two foot hail storm this summer!

agree , yesterday areas in GA saw more hail then the amount of snow they saw this past winter, why can’t that happen to us ? Maybe we can get one of those weird cold pockets aloft this summer with pulse convection and let buckets of pea size hail come down

If it was jan or feb I’d be interested but this ain’t happening, it will probably get warmer from here on out with future runs, if the storm happens (snow) I’m leaving this board, lol
It's hard to believe that even places like Charlotte has had accumulating snow as late as April the 20th.

It's hard to believe that even places like Charlotte has had accumulating snow as late as April the 20th.

Atlanta had 1.5" on 4/25/1910, which to me is about the most amazing wx event of any kind in Atlanta history. In GA, not only was there a T down to Columbus and Macon, there was a T all the way down at Americus, which is 50 miles further south and otherwise hasn't had even just a T of snow any later than 3/25! Lows on 4/26 got down into the 30s well down into FL like at Ocala! Lake City got down to 33!

We interrupt this thread for a wx bulletin. The 0Z GFS has an old fashioned April 1-2 snowstorm in the Triad. More details on this as they become available. We now return you to your very quiet thread.

We interrupt this thread for a wx bulletin. The 0Z GFS has an old fashioned April 1-2 snowstorm in the Triad. More details on this as they become available. We now return you to your very quiet thread.
Very funny GFS. Very funny. Can we drop the BS snow and just move on? Apparently not. I shouldn't be seeing soundings like this that are close to snow in late March.
download (11).png

Very funny GFS. Very funny. Can we drop the BS snow and just move on? Apparently not. I shouldn't be seeing soundings like this that are close to snow in late March.
View attachment 18059
Agree 100 percent ... move on ... winter is over... even if you could call it that... my eyes on bigger fish now down the road ....

12Z GFS coastal chilly rainstorm part 2. Yes, this actually is a 2nd wave of a 2 parter on the run. Going to be fun to track. Although I prefer dry, many coastal areas actually could use rain as it has been dry overall.

Edit: (virtually) no wintry south of VA on this run per my source's maps. This is a pure rainstorm for the SE on this run.

00FE09F9-B3B2-4E1E-9943-EABF9CCC8F7C.png

Last edited:
12Z GFS coastal chilly rainstorm part 2. Yes, this actually is a 2nd wave of a 2 parter on the run. Going to be fun to track. Although I prefer dry, many coastal areas actually could use rain as it has been dry overall.

Edit: (virtually) no wintry south of VA on this run per my source's maps. This is a pure rainstorm for the SE on this run.

View attachment 18060

What I hate to see, more sinus burning cool weather

Back