• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern April Chasing ???⛈⛈⛈

Hmmm quite an uptick of snow and storm signals in tonight’s GEFS run ... something tells me the euro may show up tonight with a home run

LMAO LMAO 0Z FV3 ?: biggest laugh yet but temps are only in 32-35 range in the Augusta to Columbia corridor for 30 hours with 0.6-0.75” of qpf from two waves:C2CB5335-569A-456C-B153-53066961424F.pngC1BD94EA-46AF-435E-8FB8-792C2D205CEA.png

Even the Euro now has significant snow in the far W Carolinas to NE GA and far E TN with the 1/2” line almost down to an Athens to Cumming line in GA! Look at these temps, which are as cold as 35 between Athens and Atlanta:
34E2D853-161D-434D-9F7E-DEE88C540B67.png6B33A45B-CB2B-4B52-A624-63BB1455B93D.png

Now that we're within 5 days, it is time to consider the real possibility that something very special may affect some of the SE US next Mon-Tue as this doesn't seem to be going away on the models. The chasing might end up being for snow!

Last edited:
Recorded history of April snow: Augusta none, Columbia maybe not since trace of 1915, Athens not since the trace of 1952;
None of these cities has ever recorded measurable snow or sleet in April.

Edit: Good heavens, even the 0Z EPS ? has increased snow for the W Carolinas, far NE GA, and W TN!29E30D4D-6C52-4311-83C3-8D6BA2174D70.png

Last edited:
Only thing I see is some snow mountain snow if enough moisture gets thrown west. Enough of the cold rain, I'm so over it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Even the Euro now has significant snow in the far W Carolinas to NE GA and far E TN with the 1/2” line almost down to an Athens to Cumming line in GA! Look at these temps, which are as cold as 35 between Athens and Atlanta:
View attachment 18077View attachment 18078

Now that we're within 5 days, it is time to consider the real possibility that something very special may affect some of the SE US next Mon-Tue as this doesn't seem to be going away on the models. The chasing might end up being for snow!
Given the euro is somewhat on board makes me think there is a slight chance at least. And this is a few days of runs too. It would be nice to see at least something if so.

I just looked at the EPS members and I'd say about 40% to 50% support some kind of flakes with about 4 or 5 members being a decent snow. The control and main run look almost identical too. The GEFS has only the mountains for any snow.

Haha, lol, lolz, bwahaha, etc.:

View attachment 18082
I have no idea why this joke of a model is not pulled from public access until they can correct the issues. Can't wait for those pictures to start circulating on social media

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

12Z GFS does give some snow part of NC mtns. Very close call some areas of SE outside mtns. Some of N GA outside of mtns has rain with 30s. Big coastal snow New England.

Had a very Heavy Frost here this morning. been some pretty cool nights this week.

I really don’t want a storm right now, why does this have to happen, I know it has snowed in April before but cmon I’m just ready for nice warm days at this point, I don’t care if I see 1 inch of snow from this event, wheres summer at when you need it

Back