• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern April Chasing ???⛈⛈⛈

It’ll be a severe weather threat by Wednesday night with our luck we’ve had so far this year
We really haven't even been that lucky thus far this year (granted it's still late March-early Apr), most of our "threats" instead of trending far enough NW for severe have for the most part went far enough to our NW to become cold rain. I'm tired of it lol

GFS is sleety and freezing rain for Wilkes on April Fools today. Many other areas included too intially.

Hell, and I thought it was a pollen thread and Jon could give us all a good OTC Rx

Speaking of pollen, I think that’s why my left eye is completely swollen, I can barely see what I’m typing with my left eye, and also looks like a possible multi severe weather day in the plains coming up with large hail/damaging winds the main threats, wind energy and sfc moisture look meh, soundings on the NAM show inverted Vs/high cloud bases Thursday evening in OK and just enough wind energy for a few LP supercells but things look like they struggle to initiate
98BCD06F-9D36-4A9C-AC4A-94E6B7F5B563.png

It would be fun to get one wrapped up coastal low this winter er uhh spring. Happy hour GFS has a low going up into TN/KY which has been the thing this year. So book another cutter with wedgie rain.

FV3 clown map destroys south-east Georgia and far southern South Carolina. What a joke of a model. I will disappear forever if that solution verifies.

Lmao, the very cold biased FV3 has ZR all the way down at Statesboro, GA, on April 1! April Fools? No, it is there but it won’t happen. It also has the coldest 2PM temp in the country there outside of the NE US with 32!! What a joke!

Lol, thanks to a very strong wedge, the not cold biased 0Z GFS has ZR in some of the CAD regions and mid to upper 30s at 2PM at Athens on April Fools Day....no that’s not April Fools as it is really there! That’s only some 30 F colder than normal lol. We might have the most interesting April Fools day in wx in a very long time.

Last edited:
Here’s the 0Z GFS map as of 2PM 4/1 showing precip types: no you’re not seeing things in W NC, far NE GA, and far NW SC as that really is wintry precip!

97F24610-FC3F-44AA-869C-C6A59B4E3CD3.png

Well this would be something lol not many days in the 40s ever in April here

gfs_T2m_seus_28.png

Last edited:
The 0Z Euro, like the 12Z Euro says, "what wedge?" However, on 4/2, it has @pcbjr a whopping 25 degrees below normal at 2 PM thanks to a chilly rain.

Lol/fwiw the 6Z GFS clown gives 1-3" of snow from just N of Charlotte to the NC Triad on April 2nd!

Well this would be something lol not many days I'm the 40s ever in April here

View attachment 18044
The 0Z Euro, like the 12Z Euro says, "what wedge?" However, on 4/2, it has @pcbjr a whopping 25 degrees below normal at 2 PM thanks to a chilly rain.
Lol/fwiw the 6Z GFS clown gives 1-3" of snow from just N of Charlotte to the NC Triad on April 2nd!

Nononononononono ☹️ Keep this warmth consistent, I blame constantly changing weather (warm>cold>warm) for my headaches

Nowww we’re talking, strong SE ridge, why do I feel like it’s gonna actually happen and then it won’t back down giving us Crazy hot weather ? And then the beginning of the MCS train to our west/NW, this pattern would actually support a free flow of MCS to our west/NW, lol, bring on summer ! 2D2C607E-2420-493B-8777-25DD9FE49A6D.pngF5966340-75DD-4F5A-B89E-A31188BB9D35.png

FWIW any trend west on the GFS/CMS would bring a severe winter storm for the foothills and mountains. Likely heavy wet snow and historic for April. Luckily it’s not there but if anyone is overdue it’s me

Euro is too warm (albeit way below average) me thinks the intial 20 degree below average temps might just work in the mountains if the precip trends west...or at least support a wintry sleety onset before a cold rain. Models never handle the cold dry air near the surface on this side of the mountain chain well. Lot of ifs usually means nothing significant.

Euro is too warm (albeit way below average) me thinks the intial 20 degree below average temps might just work in the mountains if the precip trends west...or at least support a wintry sleety onset before a cold rain. Models never handle the cold dry air near the surface on this side of the mountain chain well. Lot of ifs usually means nothing significant.
Here's what I think. It's all going to be 40s and rain for the mountains and 50s to 60s elsewhere and rain. No way 2 data sets that changed dramatically verify.

Back