• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern April Chasing ???⛈⛈⛈

12Z Euro: very impressive CAD/coastal combo April 2nd. Some of far NW NC doesn't get out of the 30s with some snow some of NC mtns!

Last edited:
I can’t wait til severe season starts and I don’t have to hear about snow

Facts, I’ve had enough of these let downs And cold rains, they just make a miserable day, sunny and 70 is way better and plus I’m ready to plant some stuff without worrying about anything freezing

We’ve done it 2 times, why not do it again, this time I’m actually hoping it trends farther SE to give us a nice 55-60 degree day like today 09D58763-7864-4AE9-8CAC-994E927D92A5.gif

Pure clown ? silliness, folks, from the cold biased Happy Hour FV3 and this is from 2 separate waves by the way: where it says “includes sleet” it should also say includes ZR and fake wintry precip

A68E7AEF-CC77-4E3B-B273-EB864495A8CF.png

Lmao, the 18Z FV3 has Columbus and Macon at only 35-6 (35 Below normal) with rain at 2PM on 4/2 (with 850s of +3 to +4 C) thanks to a combo of a departing very strong wedge, cold upper disturbance, and a coastal low along with the help of a strong cold bias:

228A5B02-D20B-4988-AF95-CC100DFE7451.png91E2D48F-10B6-459B-A0F9-71E9FB920564.png

From GSP:

"A SOUTHERN STREAM SHORT-WAVE TROUGH ORIGINATING FROM THE
EAST PACIFIC IS EXPECTED TO PASS TO THE SOUTH OF THE REGION LATE
MONDAY OR TUESDAY AND INDUCE CYCLOGENESIS ALONG OR JUST OFF OF THE
SOUTHEAST COAST. CONSIDERABLE UNCERTAINTY REMAINS REGARDING THE
EVENTUAL TRACK AND STRENGTH OF THIS FEATURE. THE 00Z EC AND 12Z CMC
KEEP THE BEST MOISTURE AND DYNAMICS AND HENCE PRECIPITATION TO THE
SOUTH OF THE REGION BEFORE KICKING THE DEVELOPING SFC LOW OUT TO
SEA. MEANWHILE THE GFS/FV3 HAVE THE SYSTEM A LITTLE FURTHER NORTH
AND EVEN TURNING UP THE COAST (GFS ESPECIALLY) WHICH WOULD SUPPORT
AT LEAST SOME PRECIPITATION INTO THE FA. HAVE SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE
IN THE GUIDANCE FOR NOW WITH ONLY LOW END POPS PRESENTED AT THIS
TIME. WITH CAD IN PLACE AT LEAST TO BEGIN WITH, WINTRY PRECIP IS
POSSIBLE, ESPECIALLY A HIGHER ELEVATIONS, SHOULD THE COASTAL LOW
THROW MOISTURE BACK INTO OUR REGION.
CURRENT FORECAST HAS HIGHS IN
THE 50S, BUT COULD EASILY BE 5-10 DEGREES COOLER IF SOMETHING CLOSE
TO THE GFS VERIFIES."
------------------------------------------------------
My comment: While it would be extraordinary, getting wintry precip on April 2nd outside of the mtns (especially in the Carolinas/TN and N GA/AL) would be far from impossible considering that on 4/25/1910 there was a trace of snow as far south as Americus, GA, and ATL had 1.5"...this on the 25th or 23 days later.

I present to you member 23 from the EPS. There are a number of members that support a chance of wintery something south of VA and this is inside day 7 so if it is going to go poof, its now or never. Most are very light but this needs to be saved.

1553739348183.png

From the 0Z GFS, a beautiful wedge/coastal combo for 4/2 resulting in rain with as cold as 30s part of Carolinas:

39AB7E76-22A5-44D6-A83F-2CF4314F755B.png

0Z FV3, a cold biased model, has snow falling at hour 114 SC/NC border and mix further south:

3FF65D54-F250-4A7B-B39B-DA7A65F36CDC.png

Back