• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe April 6-8th severe threat

Wish y’all could see this. Partly cloudy at my house but I’m sitting outside looking south accross the pasture at a light show! Best seats in the house. I’ve got an unobstructed zero light pollution view here and I wouldn’t trade it for anything
Jimmys storm!691475A0-8216-474C-B15B-07DED4A673E0.png

What’s the time frame we’re looking at here at my house?
Between 12-3, multicellular clusters likely the dominate mode although some supercell structures are possible which pose a larger hail risk, your area is close tho when it comes to thunderstorm development, there’s a small chance you may get missed and convection develops right to your east

Hmm, makes me skeptical there being that much CAPE looking at CC tommorow View attachment 18601
I’m betting it’s a mucky cloud cover .. some breaks mixed in and a time where there’s almost sun coming through but you can’t see the sun type of thing ... plenty enough energy for these storms

Does the 3-km NAM tend to lack precipitation at all? 00z run says areas between Birmingham and Atlanta won’t get a drop of rain at all tomorrow.View attachment 18595

FWIW, the 06z HRRR is somewhat similar, which has a pretty good handle on the current (weakening) line of stormd.

Basically, it looks like the energy splits to the north and to the south.

Overnight hrrr and nam are not quite as intense with the development of a large line of storms across NC this evening.

That being said there will still be plenty of TStorm activity across SC and NC and eastern portions of GA this afternoon!

It’s all about counting the minutes of sunlight now.

Biggest question will be how hot and how unstable we become this afternoon.

Back