• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

April 2024 Discussion

So end result from the lightning strike......22 blown light fixtures I'll have to replace, overhead garage door replaced, new internet box outside because it's fried, 2 tvs 2 Playstation.

One outlet shorted and I came close to having the house burn down. Had nails get so hot they scorched the front porch

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240422_101945_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240422_101945_Gallery.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20240422_101933_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240422_101933_Gallery.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 31
3 things #1 I don't see where much rain comes from the next 2 weeks in the carolinas and GA this ridge is going to be a menace unless we get an early start into mcs season, the rest of the region should do well with rain..

#2 It's still only 4/22 so another cold shot is likely before summer starts, if the gfs suite is right with a real mjo wave that would likely be around mid May. We may be way AN starting Sunday for a while but see #3

#3 this is a classic backdoor wedge pattern with energy breaking down the eastern side of the tall ridge through the NE and offshore. Really wouldn't be surprised the see days where the wedge areas are upper 60s to mid 70s for highs while other parts of the region are 80-90.

Edit adding a #4
As the ridge goes poleward the chances of something getting stuck underneath the main axis increases. Whether it comes from the west or backs down from the NE would be a big question mark

Last edited:
So end result from the lightning strike......22 blown light fixtures I'll have to replace, overhead garage door replaced, new internet box outside because it's fried, 2 tvs 2 Playstation.

One outlet shorted and I came close to having the house burn down. Had nails get so hot they scorched the front porch
Dang, man. That really sucks. Thankful the house didn't blow up! Does insurance pay for all of this at least?

3 things #1 I don't see where much rain comes from the next 2 weeks in the carolinas and GA this ridge is going to be a menace unless we get an early start into mcs season, the rest of the region should do well with rain..

#2 It's still only 4/22 so another cold shot is likely before summer starts, if the gfs suite is right with a real mjo wave that would likely be around mid May. We may be way AN starting Sunday for a while but see #3

#3 this is a classic backdoor wedge pattern with energy breaking down the eastern side of the tall ridge through the NE and offshore. Really wouldn't be surprised the see days where the wedge areas are upper 60s to mid 70s for highs while other parts of the region are 80-90.

Edit adding a #4
As the ridge goes poleward the chances of something getting stuck underneath the main axis increases. Whether it comes from the west or backs down from the NE would be a big question mark
#5. I've only heard thunder once this entire spring.

Already 49 we are in big trouble tonight. I wouldn't be shocked to see a big killing freeze at this point I just don't see what's going to stop the free fall
47 now. Brutal. Wonder how long it'll take crepe myrtle to come back

At 6am, lots of freezing temps in central NC. Roxboro, Sanford, and Franklin County airport all at 32. Many other locations (Like Smithfield) are just above at 33 or 34, which should hit 32 within the hour. RDU is at 37 and we can assume will not get down to freezing.

Back