• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

April 2024 Discussion

The next 2-3 weeks will be interesting at least. Big surges of AN temps followed by big BN shots. I don't think the front late next week into the weekend has a lot of severe for our region unless we get a flatter lead wave but the following warm to cold evolution might be a little more supportive

The next 2-3 weeks will be interesting at least. Big surges of AN temps followed by big BN shots. I don't think the front late next week into the weekend has a lot of severe for our region unless we get a flatter lead wave but the following warm to cold evolution might be a little more supportive
This is looking a lot like 1989. We had had a roller coaster ride from February right through early May that year that featured a May freeze and a significant tornado outbreak just before the freeze. This week of warm weather looks a lot like the one we had in April 1989 right before things got crazy in May.

Best guess for an outdoor wedding on 4/20 30 miles N of BHM? Rain?

Have to watch the evolution of the trough next weekend the overnight models went away from an exceptionally deep trough to a flatter look which is still cool but opens the door to hang the front up and either overrun or develop a second low to move through the region. I know there's a lot of it's been so wet I don't need more rain talk but a select few of us are still actually in D0 conditions so I'd take it

For those of us in NC we are going to have to watch the backdoor front on Monday for some severe weather. There's a long history of hail events with this type of setup especially if we are able to get into the 70s 80s Monday afternoon
Gonna give it a go it seems, good call

NAMs, WRFs, HRRR, RGEM are all extremely isolated south of the VA border. Maybe Met can squeeze something out. HRDPS is the only short range model with any enthusiasm for something more tomorrow.

Back