• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

April 2024 Discussion

Can see how tomorrow could overpeform vs models in a narrow corridor but I think most of this area will be too far north and walk away with less than .3, disappointing given the expanding D0 conditions. Really hope the clouds and breeze stick around Monday night or we will over perform on frost probably going to see a lot of 35-37s Tuesday morning
Rain has timed itself perfectly here to keep me off the fishing pier. As an extra kick the hea iest rain is just close enough but stays away from MBY. Tomorrow that will change as the 3k nam has a nice cluster of heavy rain moving over the cape fear region

It big hailed today in a lot of places
My house had a hail storm but i was fishing in southport and now I'm back home and southports about to get nailed by a suspicious looking storm

Attachments

• rs_kltx_wdtr1_1713654740_1580245277142728.png
    rs_kltx_wdtr1_1713654740_1580245277142728.png
    389.8 KB · Views: 9
  • KLTX - Super-Res Reflectivity 1, 7_22 PM.png
    KLTX - Super-Res Reflectivity 1, 7_22 PM.png
    329.1 KB · Views: 9
House took a lightning hit tonight. Not sure if it was a direct hit on the roof because there was no.fire or.visible.damage. so it xould have hit very nearby and traveled up the underground line. The hit was scary it was just a loud pop.and sharp bang and my house is screwed up so.insurance and an electrician will be next step.

Our overhead lights are dim and wont.come to.full brightness in most rooms. Some rooms they work fine, receptacles are working. Only one room doesn't have any lights or working receptacles and I can't get that breaker to reset on the panel.

Lost 2 TVs a PS5 a PS4 and a big screen TV along with our internet modem. They are all fried.

It’s been really nice the last several days. Fired up the charcoal grill last night and went fishing earlier today. Perfect weather. Not looking forward to 50’s and rain tomorrow.
Boy I'm the complete opposite; this summer like weather the past week has been the pitts! That front gonna feel AWESOME, and at least next week will feel seasonable.

House took a lightning hit tonight. Not sure if it was a direct hit on the roof because there was no.fire or.visible.damage. so it xould have hit very nearby and traveled up the underground line. The hit was scary it was just a loud pop.and sharp bang and my house is screwed up so.insurance and an electrician will be next step.

Our overhead lights are dim and wont.come to.full brightness in most rooms. Some rooms they work fine, receptacles are working. Only one room doesn't have any lights or working receptacles and I can't get that breaker to reset on the panel.

Lost 2 TVs a PS5 a PS4 and a big screen TV along with our internet modem. They are all fried.
Good grief, sorry to hear that man. Hopefully someone can get out there quickly.

Good grief, sorry to hear that man. Hopefully someone can get out there quickly.
All major appliances are working. I can cook and eat and the emergency fee right off the top is $400 just to get one to come to the house before he does any work. Working with insurance now to get a claim started so they cover as much as possible.

Got to say overall the models have sucked with this event. Hrrr showed one weak line at 11pm last night but we had 4 storms yesterday 1 severe and the rest were hot as hell with lightning. Getting another line now with elevated thunder and I was suppose to get half an inch and I'm pushing 2 inches already.

Another line of storms.

Attachments

• KLTX - Super-Res Reflectivity 1, 9_01 AM.png
    KLTX - Super-Res Reflectivity 1, 9_01 AM.png
    349.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
44 and rain at the house in Boone. Heading back to the RDU area this afternoon. We need rain in central NC. Hoping I come back to good soaking.

Back