• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Anaphylactic August

3k going with some 4+ areas tomorrow
7b19aed6bd5be23b118207dcc7e2d536.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Some really heavy storms on and off all afternoon and evening in this area.

I put up a one of those 3 in 1 weather stations without the rain gauge. I have to many trees to accurately report the rainfall totals, hopefully I put the temperature sensor in a spot where it doesn't get scorched.

Heavy rain, 69.4F

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KGAMARIE288

Last edited:
Looking at the radar the rain has been relentless this evening in the North Metro ATL area. Flash Flood Warning has now been issued there.

The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a

* Flash Flood Warning for...
Northwestern DeKalb County in north central Georgia...
Northeastern Cobb County in north central Georgia...
West central Gwinnett County in north central Georgia...
Northeastern Fulton County in north central Georgia...

* Until 515 AM EDT Friday.

* At 1109 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain across the warned area. Two to three inches of rain have fallen over the last
few hours, with localized amounts up to four inches.
Isolated flash flooding is expected to begin shortly.

Additional rainfall amounts of up to one inch are possible in the warned area.

3k going with some 4+ areas tomorrow
7b19aed6bd5be23b118207dcc7e2d536.jpg

Backed off some overnight, still some 4+ pockets but smaller coverage.... Gonna be some good totals for some over the coming days but nothing screams widespread to me that's for sure.

I actually hope I miss out today and tomorrow, got tons of work I need to do outside

HRRR even less impressive today... atmosphere was pretty worked over yesterday, lots of cloud debris this morning, having some effect maybe?

1564748770960.png

HRRR even less impressive today... atmosphere was pretty worked over yesterday, lots of cloud debris this morning, having some effect maybe?

View attachment 21408
Front has inched closer to our area today so we should be in a better spot for convection. I guess the early morning clouds could cause some instability issues but it seems unlikely

Could it be possible to get a storm two days in a row?

Front has inched closer to our area today so we should be in a better spot for convection. I guess the early morning clouds could cause some instability issues but it seems unlikely

I agree should still some decent coverage with the front closer but I also notice CAM's are keeping bulk of precip consolidated around the remains of the topical disturbance along the coast. Still some heavy downpours and localize issues I'm sure but coverage might be even lower today

Does anybody know how much rain got dumped on the Marietta area last night?

There was a little cell that just formed and sat there (specifically on Suntrust Park), then as it was raining out, it was fired back up by an outflow convection. By radar shots and the shots I saw of the park, they had to have had at least 3+ inches dumped on them overnight, as it looked like it wasn't ending anytime soon (because of that, there was a flash flood warning issued).

It also rained pretty hard for me for a bit, but I don't know what the total was yet.

Edit: That total was .59".

Last edited:
Back