• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Anaphylactic August

You’ve showed maps like that all summer, but yet I’ve had like 120 days of 90+!? Something is askew

adc3b6f77f3a3f583599a2db0247085a.jpg

Means supper hot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The longtime trend toward higher SSTs, dewpoints, and morning lows is very likely global warming related. By the way, Alaska has been absolutely baking this summer at alltime records that are well above previous records!
I agree. With the rising SST'S and dewpoints I fully expect September to be just as hot as July, just like last year. Going to take longer to get any cool air going with the torch up north. I fully expect not to see 50s at night until mid October like last year.

You’ve showed maps like that all summer, but yet I’ve had like 120 days of 90+!? Something is askew
Yeah, well, 1) they generally come with a sarcastic remark, 2) it's summer so what else is up, 3) they get nowhere near the dozens of silly snow maps that start showing up in November and 4) ... :eek:

I agree. With the rising SST'S and dewpoints I fully expect September to be just as hot as July, just like last year. Going to take longer to get any cool air going with the torch up north. I fully expect not to see 50s at night until mid October like last year.
Last year in south west Alabama where I am, we was in the 50s at night end of August. I think as you said, "not to see 50s at night until mid October " is as little extreme lol. We gonna see 50s at night by Setpember. We may take longer than expected to really cool down or not, but we can surely see 50s way before than.

Last edited:
Last year in south west Alabama where I am, we was in the 50s at night end of August. I think as you said, "not to see 50s at night until mid October " is as little extreme lol. We gonna see 50s at night by Setpember. We may take longer than expected to really cool down or not, but we can surely see 50s way before than.

It was 8/24/18 here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We ended up getting to 99 on our home thermometer. And gawd, it was still awful outside when I went. It had to have been something like 88 with the heat index making it 95 anyway and the sun was almost down by then.

Hopefully it doesn't happen. But it happened last year in upstate SC. After Florence the humid air hung around until Michael passed in October. Then we finally got some 50s. I remember Brad P saying Sept was hotter than July last year in CLT.

Mack, cold biased forecast caused by eternally cold biased model consensus outside of the Euro operational of late. Now thanks to the switch to the FV3, even the GFS operational is now cold biased. The overdoing if troughing in the SE is neverending. This is going to be a fun winter.............NOT!!! :(:(

Back