• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Anaphylactic August

Hopefully it doesn't happen. But it happened last year in upstate SC. After Florence the humid air hung around until Michael passed in October. Then we finally got some 50s. I remember Brad P saying Sept was hotter than July last year in CLT.
Oh, upstate SC I see why now LoL.

Holy Poop.... I just noticed .60 in the rain gauge from overnight! :)
If it stormed overnight I slept right through it. First appreciable rain in quite some time. :cool:

Getting a very strong thunderstorm here with torrential rains, strong winds, and frequent CTG lightning which has already caused power to blink. I unplugged some of my stuff as an extra precaution including things connected to surge protectors. This is easily the strongest storm here in several weeks. There will likely be street flooding shortly, if there isn’t already, in the prone spots.

Edit: worst storm of the summer now. CTG is awful. Street flooding ongoing.

Last edited:
For the fun of It. Here are the euro weekly temperature Meteograms for GSP thru late September. Other stations are about the same.
Lows
1565568000-sfmj88NiaOI.png

Highs
1565568000-CvtbyzWdflc.png

Ended up getting barely missed by the worst storm that was close to me. Did end up getting rain that made my walk tolerable though.

Saw some interesting towering thunderclouds out near the highway and even saw a flash of lightning. I should've had my phone and tried to take a picture of them.

Getting a very strong thunderstorm here with torrential rains, strong winds, and frequent CTG lightning which has already caused power to blink. I unplugged some of my stuff as an extra precaution including things connected to surge protectors. This is easily the strongest storm here in several weeks. There will likely be street flooding shortly, if there isn’t already, in the prone spots.

Edit: worst storm of the summer now. CTG is awful. Street flooding ongoing.

Ended up with ~1.6”. There were ~500 CTG strikes within my county within an hour! The storm of the summer so far!

Heat begets heat.

FFC looks like they raised the forecast high into the mid-90s through Sunday. And the forecast highs are still probably too low for next week (89*F to 91*F)

Another.5” last night! ?

However, I can work around the android problem by posting the photo on Twitter:

This storm was awesome enough looking that it got me to pull over at the store on my way back home to snap a few photos. Tall thunderheads paired with it looking dark at the bottom of them. Like I said, the best looking shots were while I was driving though unfortunately.

Edit: Also, the cat is finally out of the bag. That is my real name.

At an outdoor concert at Walnut Creek in Raleigh and they stopped the show because of storms. Clouds look really ominous, but no thunder or lightning yet.

Back