• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Anaphylactic August

Been quite a run of above normal fall weather, sort of like our winters. I would trade a below normal fall for a torch winter with no snow. Looking forward to some overnight lows in the 50's.

View attachment 21729
I thought it was just me. Good to see that fall has been terrible for a while.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Been quite a run of above normal fall weather, sort of like our winters. I would trade a below normal fall for a torch winter with no snow. Looking forward to some overnight lows in the 50's.

View attachment 21729

Decembers too have been nothing but above and well above average lately (shock news).

The last solidly below normal December was in 2010 (ages ago), since then our average over the last 8 Decembers is 3-5F above normal, without ONE single climate division in the US 0.5F or more below average in that span and we've had 8 Decembers in a row w/ above normal temps in the SE US, that just doesn't happen by chance...

It should be pretty obvious to everyone at this point that large-scale global warming is projecting onto US temps & if you don't account for it like bathtub slosh boy (Joe Bastardi), you get burned literally & figuratively in your seasonal forecasts.

Maybe someday we'll get a below average December again & a foot of snow at Charlotte &/or RDU.

That'll also be the day that pigs fly. /s

cd69.217.128.238.228.8.20.54.prcp.png

Decembers too have been nothing but above and well above average lately (shock news).

The last solidly below normal December was in 2010 (ages ago), since then our average over the last 8 Decembers is 3-5F above normal, without ONE single climate division in the US 0.5F or more below average in that span and we've had 8 Decembers in a row w/ above normal temps in the SE US, that just doesn't happen by chance...

It should be pretty obvious to everyone at this point that large-scale global warming is projecting onto US temps & if you don't account for it like bathtub slosh boy (Joe Bastardi), you get burned literally & figuratively in your seasonal forecasts.

Maybe someday we'll get a below average December again & a foot of snow at Charlotte &/or RDU.

That'll also be the day that pigs fly. /s

View attachment 21730

The only month we've been significantly below normal for this decade & had some sort of success being cold is November.

Perfect! A below normal November is typically just warm enough to keep virtually all of our events cold rain (sigh) minus that freak ULL-induced snowstorm in Columbia, SC on Nov 1, 2014 & a random flizzard event in central-eastern NC in Nov 2013.

We can't do anything right. :rolleyes:
cd69.217.128.238.228.8.31.25.prcp.png

Folks when thunder roars go indoors!!! Per NWS. Scattered storms have developed in NC

More storms on the way. This could be the 4th day in a row that I get a storm. Reminds me of summers as a kid here in the 80s. And I swear I get more storms now when we're not under a watch or a severe threat of any kind.

I love random past midnight thunderstorms with an absolute downpour! I was just chilling, probably about half asleep watching baseball and all of a sudden the satellite was going in and out and I heard thunder and it's now pouring. I have to think we're picking up a surprise inch right now or even more.

It actually felt amazing outside too. I was shocked when I went out because of how bad it's been of late.

So it's looking like "exceptionally zonal" is going to be the weather theme in the foreseeable future.

Back