• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc All Things Religious

We had 60 people in attendance today (we average 125). I scrapped my sermon this morning and decided to focus on praying and singing. I told our folks that this would be our last public gathering until further notice. Crazy times, crazy times.

My father in laws sermon this morning hit the nail. His sermon was on the situation the Israelites faced with Goliath. He said the first mistake they may was agreeing to fight on his terms. When the enemy wants to make a deal it's because he is losing and knows it. Our enemy has lost and he wants us to fight on his terms to drag us down. We should fight on our terms which is running to Christ.

We had 60 people in attendance today (we average 125). I scrapped my sermon this morning and decided to focus on praying and singing. I told our folks that this would be our last public gathering until further notice. Crazy times, crazy times.
My wife tells me our Pastor's FB live sermon, which we watched since they cancelled our service, had over 1k views! She said there watch parties and potentially many who don't normally attend probably watched, which is awesome! (I don't do FB like I used to so not sure what these watch parties are lol ?‍♂️)

Challenge to brothers and sisters on here. Lets make use of the biggest weapon we have. God says his ways arent always our ways and his thoughts arent always our thoughts.

2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

He Will Hide Me
Written by: Kyla Rowland

I am Job lying helpless suffering lost but not hopeless
I am David crying mercy Lord on me
I am Elijah in a cave dreading the light of day
I am Daniel humbly bowed faithfully
I am Paul in a prison lifting praise to Heaven
I am John cast out but not down
I am Moses seeking shelter in the cleft of the rock
Here I am Lord hide me again

Chorus:

I finally made it to the cleft of the rock
I’m glad for I could no longer stand
Many times I will struggle to reach that old rock
But He will hide me again and again

Now I’m safe from the stranger
Safe from the danger that would try to do me great harm
I am wrapped up and warm in the love of my Master
I am resting while I lean on His arm
So I’ll stay a little longer until I am stronger
When all of my healing is done
The ravens will feed me and His hand will keep me
And hide me ‘til I can go on

He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock
That shadows a dry thirsty land
He hideth my life with the depths of His love

And He will hide me again and again
And again

I'm an atheist.
I hope and pray that you change your mind about God and His Son before it's too late. Everything we are seeing today is the Bible being fulfilled. This should be removing our doubts about whether or not God's Word is true.

Challenge to brothers and sisters on here. Lets make use of the biggest weapon we have. God says his ways arent always our ways and his thoughts arent always our thoughts.

2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
What we are seeing right now is the humbling phase ..... we are not even close to the healing part. There are still folks in this country that haven't acknowledged that God even exists. However, "God pours out his blessings on the just and the unjust". There will be a spiritual awakening in this country. I just hope I am around to see it. It will probably be after Pence (true man of God) wins the presidency in 2024.

I think this event going on is going to lead to the Great Tribulation, and the rapture is about to occur.

Actually, if you take just a minute to study the statement, it is true ... every day of every week of every month of every year as far back as there is a form of recorded history ...
I was referring to the passages concerning the things that would take place on earth just before the rapture like disease, pestilence, earthquakes, and famine. However, you are correct as well sir. The Bible has been a prophetic guide for thousands of years.

I was referring to the passages concerning the things that would take place on earth just before the rapture like disease, pestilence, earthquakes, and famine. However, you are correct as well sir. The Bible has been a prophetic guide for thousands of years.
And a guide to and for good living ... remember, you know not the day or hour ...

John 3:17

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

1st Corinthians 13:7

We as Christians must prepare our hearts to take the burdens of others on our backs in love, whether emotional, physical or spiritual.

I can now understand why Noah promptly planted a vineyard and drank of its fruit after 40 days on the ark (he was actually on the ark for much longer)—and this is just day one for me.

I can now understand why Noah promptly planted a vineyard and drank of its fruit after 40 days on the ark (he was actually on the ark for much longer)—and this is just day one for me.
Noah had rain ... a little much, but rain nevertheless ...
Think the GFS caught it ahead of time ... :eek:

Theres not a lot to do now a days. No sports, entertainment,school, meetings or gatherings to be at, dance class,little league etc.

Psalm 46:4
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted in the earth.
"SELAH"

Theres not a lot to do now a days. No sports, entertainment,school, meetings or gatherings to be at, dance class,little league etc.

Psalm 46:4
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted in the earth.
"SELAH"

The verse we used today in our family devotion was these.

1:God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

2: Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;

3: Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah

Psalms 46:1-3

Back