• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Ablazing August

Yep hrrr has the disturbance by pretty early and the sfc trough is here by around 18z. US1 will likely be the initiation point but if things keep speeding up we likely miss out tomorrow and it's 95 and east
Nam 3km 18z finally agrees .. we will be on the initiation point .. beat.. but it’s also showing a large scale rain in a few days that will almost guarantee temps stay in the 70s and maybe 60s depending on how lucky we get .. this will be welcomed 10 fold

Nam 3km 18z finally agrees .. we will be on the initiation point .. beat.. but it’s also showing a large scale rain in a few days that will almost guarantee temps stay in the 70s and maybe 60s depending on how lucky we get .. this will be welcomed 10 fold
Tuesday looks like a nice break from the heat maybe Wednesday as well if we get lucky

Tuesday looks like a nice break from the heat maybe Wednesday as well if we get lucky
Yup, from Tuesday on, low to mid-80s...maybe even some 70s. Monday may even stop short of 90. High rain chances each day. Hard to really dislike this summer so far. And, we can go ahead and knock out the first week of August. That leaves about 5 more weeks of potential big heat to happen...and right now that doesn't look likely. A+ summer so far!

Hahahaha yes definitely just a tease from me.. some people believe we are in some crazy drought but reality states otherwise.. I like this idea of urine collection though that may help our western NC folks

Yeah... you definitely had me going. I haven't been paying attention to many US weather events other the Monsoon Rains in the SW.

I'm thinking drought? That's pretty bold. I'm not sure I believe in a serious NC drought, but let me check out this dudes complaint.

And if you like the idea of urine collection, let's take this to next level. I'm think we start charity taking in urine donations (samples?) for thirsty people of Asheville. We'll call our organization the 'Yellow Cross'.

GSP has really come down on on highs here this week. 76 on Tuesday, 80 Wednesday, and 77 Thursday… that’s a solid 10-15 below normal. Definitely not something you see in the first week of August too often

GSP has really come down on on highs here this week. 76 on Tuesday, 80 Wednesday, and 77 Thursday… that’s a solid 10-15 below normal. Definitely not something you see in the first week of August too often
Yeah , models seem to want to warm it back up towards normal by end of the week though, maybe even hot again as plains heat builds back up. Random unseasonably cool days has been the theme this year since April.

Yeah , models seem to want to warm it back up towards normal by end of the week though, maybe even hot again as plains heat builds back up. Random unseasonably cool days has been the theme this year since April.

Last year too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, 100*F isn't going to happen today. Convective debris and an outflow boundary are hauling ass towards the Metroplex.

Full on air you can wear outside this morning, no clouds, strong sun, timing of storms is perfect mid to late afternoon....

MHX update this AM says we look to be primed for some nasty storms later.....

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 PM THIS EVENING/...
As of 925 AM Sunday...Sct to bkn convection conts from central
OBX south to off the srn coast with another cluster near the VA
border. Appears bulk of the region will see limited precip thru
the morn with sct to numerous shra/tsra developing this aftn
during max heating. Still looks like decent potential for some
severe convection with moderate shear ahead of upr trf. High res
guidance suggests init strong convection will develop nrn tier
then spread S thru late aftn/early evening poss merging to a
band driven by outflow.

Full on air you can wear outside this morning, no clouds, strong sun, timing of storms is perfect mid to late afternoon....

MHX update this AM says we look to be primed for some nasty storms later.....

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 PM THIS EVENING/...
As of 925 AM Sunday...Sct to bkn convection conts from central
OBX south to off the srn coast with another cluster near the VA
border. Appears bulk of the region will see limited precip thru
the morn with sct to numerous shra/tsra developing this aftn
during max heating. Still looks like decent potential for some
severe convection with moderate shear ahead of upr trf. High res
guidance suggests init strong convection will develop nrn tier
then spread S thru late aftn/early evening poss merging to a
band driven by outflow.
At least the sun is getting much lower now that we are in August. Fall is just 30 days away !

Back