• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Ablazing August

93/75 heat index 105 , 2 degrees higher than this time yesterday with a dew 1 degree higher . Does that mean we hit 99 today? :p

I was in Apex the past couple of days and that was some of the hottest heat indicted I’ve felt since the time I lived in Columbia.

Hrrr lacks coverage but uncaps things around 23z (sounding around CLT) with steep mid level lapse rates/drying aloft and large cape/DCAPE, like yesterday if any small forcing agent (ofb) sets something off, then strong pulse/severe pulse convection is possible, you can kinda see a response on the hrrr but it doesn’t get it tall FF684592-BD8B-457B-A6F9-5AA6CBF08B37.png8D708E86-B5C3-488F-9C49-DA97E12F9964.png

Reactions: SD
Where are heavy totals favored ? East or west of 95?
Sat and Sunday likely Va border/Nw piedmont Monday our area. Hard to find a trigger for our area east other than the typical summer factors until Monday. Once we start firing off rounds of storms to our NW though we might luck into an old ofb from the previous day but with a strong S flow it'll be hard to get them well SE

Sat and Sunday likely Va border/Nw piedmont Monday our area. Hard to find a trigger for our area east other than the typical summer factors until Monday. Once we start firing off rounds of storms to our NW though we might luck into an old ofb from the previous day but with a strong S flow it'll be hard to get them well SE

I'm not impressed. It'll all shift east of US1 in a day or two.

Remember when a certain poster quoted my posts a couple weeks ago about the heat
I think I was one of the ones who may have quoted ! To tell you on the backside of the cool down we may heat up again. It’s hot alright tho short lived .

Back