• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Ablazing August

I unfortunately lost these on my SD card due to corruption, brutal 6CDA8D12-D7F6-4F6B-B031-4A2CD8480B7D.jpeg

It's where all the cool people live. ?

GSP isn't far from Charlotte so they are well represented
Ummm no... Charlotte is one of the most populous areas of the US without good radar coverage from the 88d's. It actually played a part in a unwarned destructive tornado that hit the northeastern parts of the city back in 2012. They improved it some by lowering the lowest tilt on the gsp radar from 0.5 to 0.2 degrees but it still lacks good low level coverage.

he’s talking to you @smast16 the cracks in your ground are going to love a good flash flood .. for everyone else .. more problems than solutions

Yes, given that it has been raining everyday here, the last thing I want to see is a tropical system :(
About to go mow a sopping wet yard before it rains yet again.

So far today is progressing a lot like yesterday . 1 degree warmer right now than it was yesterday , looks solid for another 95+ day.
I wonder why we didn't have a significant heat wave thread for this one? Oh wait.... it didn't include Atlanta, that's why silly me

So far today is progressing a lot like yesterday . 1 degree warmer right now than it was yesterday , looks solid for another 95+ day.
Very similar cape values as well being progged later, along with even steeper mid level lapse rates then yesterday, any storm that gets going today is gonna have quite the explosive updraft along with a microburst threat 15801407-7A93-4422-8DAD-A08DFB264572.gif3725C6BE-8084-4B13-A14E-9A54ADADD052.gif

I know you love it but these ridiculously humid days/night have that cumulative effect, night time lows progressively warmer... it was misery out there on my run this morning.

edit: looks like tomorrow's highs been bumped up too so most likely will be a 3rd heat advisory before some very slight relief over the weekend thanks to more showers/storms

Back