• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Ablazing August

Yeah the window is closing on 100s outside of highly unusual events but looking at the ensembles there isn't a lot of reason to believe we see anything cool. I was actually disappointed when I looked through them just a lot of near to above average humid days with rain chances being the only thing to keep us cooler. Blah
True we can muster it for a few more weeks I’m not really expecting cool temps until like late September .. I’m just glad We escaped any heat waves and triple digits to accompany the humidity .. would’ve been worse case scenario in how it feels and probably a more expansive drought

91/76 at RDU . Still waiting on a PWS from @metwannabe so I can finally measure my own humidity ! Probably going to spike once it quits raining maybe 80 degree dew.
Have no idea, my 5-1 acurite shows it's 96 with a DP of 80 yielding a HI of 120, which obviously isn't anywhere near accu"right".

Have no idea, my 5-1 acurite shows it's 96 with a DP of 80 yielding a HI of 120, which obviously isn't anywhere near accu"right".
Lmao you got it next to a steam room ? Or maybe you have a portal to a deep Jurassic jungle opened up next to it .

I know it's beating a dead horse... this is from the AFD this morning from Raleigh NWS

"E NC will see even lower convection potential,
protected by even warmer mid levels closer to the heart of the W
Atlantic ridge. Will trend pops up to scattered in the far NW,
trending to isolated storms closer to Hwy 1 with little to no
activity expected E of Hwy 1"

Yet, areas E of US1 are the only ones who have seen storms today.... smh

Back