• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Ablazing August

Eh the nam is coming back toward the rest of the models tbh. I'd still put high rain chances late Friday through Saturday.

I'd much rather have today's weather on Saturday
I honestly gave up on trusting model rain outputs anymore. As long as Saturday is not like yesterday I’ll be ok. Does maxar track precipitation bias ? @GaWx

Yeah if we get a moisture plume like the Nam and euro have we should have a decent amount of convection and rain. Have to watch how far NW the higher dews get but we could offset lower dews with a sfc low and reasonably strong trough

Yeah, it looks that way now. However, this summer has been an I95 East deluge so I am certainly not counting on it. I'm starting to trust the models in the summer about as much as I do in the winter, lol.

Good gosh. I was looking back at the last two severe seasons across the southeast. And I forgot all about the almost 2 1/2 mile ef4 that hit soso Mississippi. And the talk on how it could have been rated a ef5. Yeesh. I thought the El Reno ef5 was in its own class on how big it was

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

That setup the nam shows isn’t quite far off from we had last weekend it seems, for rain and thunderstorms
View attachment 87615View attachment 87616View attachment 87617
Yeah Saturday honestly looks to have a fairly decent shot at being more of a washout than any other day this week has been .. at least for people west of I-95. And the orientation of the low makes it seem like this isn’t a mirage like the past couple days were .. I want something exciting like some close encounter lightning strikes or something ??‍♂️

Yeah Saturday honestly looks to have a fairly decent shot at being more of a washout than any other day this week has been .. at least for people west of I-95. And the orientation of the low makes it seem like this isn’t a mirage like the past couple days were .. I want something exciting like some close encounter lightning strikes or something ??‍♂️
I’m ready for fall severe weather season … ready for a good tornado chase .

Even well after the rain there was still.flooding over the road at noon and we really missed the bigger totals and underperformed quite a bit. We've just had so much rain there's nowhere for it to go

Attachments

• 20210804_122546.jpg
    20210804_122546.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 14
  • 20210804_122532.jpg
    20210804_122532.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 14
Absolutely zero continental blue. Cold source regions be warm.
I’ve actually been following the source regions very closely lately and those areas are actually having the coolest summer since 2013. Nothing like the consistent record warmth they’ve seen the last several years… they should start building up cold air much sooner than they have lately

Back