• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

5/4-6 possible severe wx

I believe we get a Tornado watch today. This one will get ugly with the sun out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s already 70 bright sunshine upstate sc. this can’t be good

ESE to SE wind too. Wonder how much we can raise dews today
Yall are a tad SW of me and you got sun? You tell me there is hope or am I going to watch southern wake and Harnett county soar into the 70s and near 80 while RDU stays socked under clouds and 60. I've seen it happen before now, where yall were far warmer than RDU so until its sunny here I have no faith we even hit 60 again.

Yall are a tad SW of me and you got sun? You tell me there is hope or am I going to watch southern wake and Harnett county soar into the 70s and near 80 while RDU stays socked under clouds and 60. I've seen it happen before now, where yall were far warmer than RDU so until its sunny here I have no faith we even hit 60 again.
I see full blue sky to the south, it's a little more filtered here. Up to 63

Cold 53 with showers. 40s nearby mountains. I’m guessing boundary will be south of me a few counties.

I see full blue sky to the south, it's a little more filtered here. Up to 63
Interesting, already up to 62 again at RDU as well which is 2 higher than our forecast high. Winds are even out of the E/ ESE which is hopeful. Heres hoping for mid- upper 70s. Lets get us some storms boys.

Last edited:
Lot of heavy rain NC/VA border. That could influence the boundary or delay it’s movement north out of the Charlotte region.

ESE to SE wind too. Wonder how much we can raise dews today
SPC has the slight risk just to our south. 12 hrrrrrrrrrr had the complex just to our south as well. Not a lot of margin for error. 20 miles north is doable.

SPC has the slight risk just to our south. 12 hrrrrrrrrrr had the complex just to our south as well. Not a lot of margin for error. 20 miles north is doable.
3K says elevated hailers incoming. Really not a bad look, I wouldn't be surprised to see some severe reports north of the slight today in the cooler sfc air. I think our threat is wind/hail unless whatever gets going stays discrete and can get down to the sfc.
1588688720130.png

Decent swath of lightning coming out of Tennessee but running into temps in the 40s. But could act as a trigger for western NC.

Last edited:
3K says elevated hailers incoming. Really not a bad look, I wouldn't be surprised to see some severe reports north of the slight today in the cooler sfc air. I think our threat is wind/hail unless whatever gets going stays discrete and can get down to the sfc.
View attachment 40962
Trusty car thermometer showing 65. Full clouds now, though.

The heat is on down here in Charleston. Reached 91 yesterday, will be 89 today. Charleston's average first 90 degree day is May 4th, so yesterday was right on schedule.

Multiple storms firing in western NC where morning rain was passing just north.

Partly cloudy, warm, and humid here in Travelers Rest. I think today may be an interesting day...moving the cars into the garage for sure.

Back