• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

5/4-6 possible severe wx

80 in my location of upstate sc near Pickens airport. Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see a storm or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot and humid down here. I sure would like some rain for the garden now and it feels like it should storm.

Front is almost certainly coming south. Rock Hill has dropped 9 degrees from their high and winds are from the north. Charlotte is down a good bit too. Winds picked up here and it is cooler and a little less humid. The wedge front is probably not finished coming south either and I expect it to get almost through the GSP CWA before it stops. Would not be shocked to see a 25 degree drop in Anderson before 4pm.

Front is almost certainly coming south. Rock Hill has dropped 9 degrees from their high and winds are from the north. Charlotte is down a good bit too. Winds picked up here and it is cooler and a little less humid. The wedge front is probably not finished coming south either and I expect it to get almost through the GSP CWA before it stops. Would not be shocked to see a 25 degree drop in Anderson before 4pm.
25? Seems a bit strong to me. KSPA is now reporting 72, 2 degrees up from 15 minutes ago

LOL. I can almost guarantee the temp will NOT drop 25 degrees in Anderson... As the cold front approaches the front will come north. There is nothing to keep it locked in...

Wow its really cleared up where I am. Temps and dews rising. 64/50 at RDU, 66 at KRWI. I need those dews to rise a lot though if I want any chance at some action which seems unlikely at this point. Even Greensboro has cleared out and is at 61. Funny how all of the norther piedmont and eastern NC posters posted its clearing at same time.

Clearing up here, but I am still not expecting much, if anything.

Wow its really cleared up where I am. Temps and dews rising. 64/50 at RDU, 66 at KRWI. I need those dews to rise a lot though if I want any chance at some action which seems unlikely at this point. Even Greensboro has cleared out and is at 61. Funny how all of the norther piedmont and eastern NC posters posted its clearing at same time.

Clouds are back here in Greensboro, but temps did rise quite a bit.

Looking at the SPC mesoanalysis, the warm front has really started to tick north the past hour or so, MUcape gradient is now over CLT

Back