• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

5/4-6 possible severe wx

Agitated low-level cumulus streets becoming more prevalent in upstate SC and the gravity waves are indicative of a low-mid level stable layer/capping inversion that's starting to be progressively mixed out & eroded as the warm front progresses northward.

View attachment 40969

Looks like the warm front is knocking at the door, looks to be closing in on the NC/SC border.

day1otlk_1630.gif

Tornado 5% area decreased significantly
day1probotlk_1630_torn.gif

Wind/hail 15% areas remain the same

Given the sun doesn’t go down till like 8..I feel like current temps may not mean much it’s going to change as rain slides East of GSO.

Last edited:
The sun is not out here in Southeast Charlotte, does that effect anything? Is this a set up where even without sunshine it’s an elevated threat?

I won’t be chasing due to quarantine. But I will share pics and info from family&friends.

Yeah that rain got through us in no time flat. I still don't see the warm front getting this far north, but a little bit of sunshine and slightly warmer temps could strengthen the storms we see here later.

Boundry still seems to be south of me, (Union County) NC, but winds are increasing, so maybe it's making it's way up here. Still pretty cloudy here though. Edit: Actually it seems temps have fallen some, I can't imagine the wedge getting stronger and holding on down here, but as they say, never bet against the wedge. Actually seeing some thinning in the clouds, mo-nature can't make up her mind!

Last edited:
SPC was probably right cutting down on the tornado potential as you get farther north and east. High LCL heights with no way to root storms to the sfc north of the WF means wind/hail are the primary threat.

Well what the heck, temp down 3 degrees past 10 minutes lol

SPC was probably right cutting down on the tornado potential as you get farther north and east. High LCL heights with no way to root storms to the sfc north of the WF means wind/hail are the primary threat.

Yeah, areas near CLT towards FAY look a bit dicey 1FADC9D0-BB24-418E-8B75-FD2182724F96.pngBF519CEE-0324-4308-B756-0B74B8387B19.png

Temp has collapsed 4 degrees and DP is down 6 on my personal weather station 66/60. KSPA is reporting 70/63

Back