• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

5/4-6 possible severe wx

Annnnd CLT misses out... again. ?

I’m not the SPC or the NWS but theres at least a small chance for severe around CLT IMO, just coverage is the question and wherever the boundary sets up, this is another boundary setup so it’s interesting

I’m not the SPC or the NWS but theres at least a small chance for severe around CLT IMO, just coverage is the question and wherever the boundary sets up, this is another boundary setup so it’s interesting

I should have said, "per SPC." Yeah, there is a chance, honestly, the SPC has been pulling out the guns at the very last minute as of late. There was no enhanced in yesterday's outlook. And a pretty good hatch for tornadoes.

They are not getting the forecast right for parts of Kansas and Missouri today. They need a 30% and hatched for wind out there. A good many 75+ gusts already and that bow is going strong. A small part of the area that bow is in is not even in a slight risk right now.

RAH wants to keep Raleigh in the 50's tomorrow. They must be quite certain the boundary will be well SW of them...

Might need to watch this.

Lol. They barely have that area in a 2% tornado probability. Good gracious, maybe we should get some of the local NWS offices to assist with the SPC. They did so well, up until April. Love the SPC and the people but I really want to know what's going on in Norman these days.

Lol. They barely have that area in a 2% tornado probability. Good gracious, maybe we should get some of the local NWS offices to assist with the SPC. They did so well, up until April. Love the SPC and the people but I really want to know what's going on in Norman these days.
Up graded most west tennessee to 5 percent tornado threat. Look for spc go enhance next update

Probably relevant. Different region but it's not like the HRRR has had much success around here with the past few events either.

Probably relevant. Different region but it's not like the HRRR has had much success around here with the past few events either.

Yeah 0-3km cape is somewhat lacking there with meh low level lapse rates, slowing things down a bit

FWIW the HRRR has a pretty well defined bow crossing through far north Georgia and coming into upstate South Carolina. Could be an interesting night in those areas should this verify. This would be a little after midnight.F6D8B43A-09C2-49F2-AB4B-F2C22ED5FFB6.jpeg

These boundaries are always difficult to pinpoint until they set themselves up. One example and I could very well be wrong is May 10th, 2011. Seem to recall a similar setup where storms just kept on training over the same area's. Had some wicked wind gusts and golf ball-sized hail, and almost constant lightning. Correct me if I have the day's or setup wrong.

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 6.10.40 PM.png

These boundaries are always difficult to pinpoint until they set themselves up. One example and I could very well be wrong is May 10th, 2011. Seem to recall a similar setup where storms just kept on training over the same area's. Had some wicked wind gusts and golf ball-sized hail, and almost constant lightning. Correct me if I have the day's or setup wrong.

View attachment 40907

Pretty good comparison

Back