• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

5/4-6 possible severe wx

Well I was looking at the GFS over on Tropical Tidbits when I put it in motion looks all the yellows are staying North. Now showing the Low closer to the NC/SC line? Like I said I don't know what I am looking at.
I wouldn't use the GFS as guidance when we're talking about the short-range.

Not sure if this is good or bad but I'm sitting right on the wind shift. My winds are switching from NE to SE and back and forth. Now back to NE temp down 4 degrees but DP is up.

Attachments

• 20200505_174306.jpg
    20200505_174306.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 9
The storms start coming and all of a sudden all the mets are nowhere to be seen... Haha.

I feel like they need to issue a watch for north Georgia.

You may just far enough south to escape the brunt of these storms. They look to be training along the warm front. Little concerned as to what they do when they move closer to Charlotte where the boundary has pretty much set up. Looks to right along U.S. 74.

Where is
I wouldn't use the GFS as guidance when we're talking about the short-range.

Well that shows you what I know about this stuff....Be honest I am scared of this stuff.

Getting these weird roll clouds

Idk what to believe at this point. Brad says storms say well south of CLT. Crum says watch out Southern Meck, York, and Union Counties. Storm motion appears to be mostly east... but they haven't really interacted with the boundary over the Metro. Such a mess of a system. Edit: Never mind storms appear to once again miss pretty much all of Charlotte, at least at this moment. God, can I not get a !@#$%*& storm to just go over me?

Idk what to believe at this point. Brad says storms say well south of CLT. Crum says watch out Southern Meck, York, and Union Counties. Storm motion appears to be mostly east... but they haven't really interacted with the boundary over the Metro. Such a mess of a system.
Front never made it up here and what progress it did make is immediately being thwarted by this storm near Chester.

Our short range weather models are pretty bad. And you can probably cancel most of the STW for NC, except for maybe the extreme southern Piedmont.

I think I am calling it a night. Modeling is just awful as of late. The only times that modeling came to fruition was Easter and the system back in February. I hope we can improve a bit when it comes to future modeling, both short-range and long-range. Right now, they're pretty much all mu** cabbage.

Last edited:
Well our first one of the evening moved through about 515 or so. Hail again, though only pea size tonight, then the sun came out and a few minutes later..:

The sun comes out and the pea size hail returns. Never seen hail with the sun out!

Severe Watch dropped for some counties north of Charlotte.

Most of i40 dropped from the Watch box. Good news folks.

Front never made it up here and what progress it did make is immediately being thwarted by this storm near Chester.
It definitely made it here. I hear constant rumbles of thunder but that's it. No idea where the WF is now. Hell, it could be back down over CAE for all I know...

Well our first one of the evening moved through about 515 or so. Hail again, though only pea size tonight, then the sun came out and a few minutes later..:

The sun comes out and the pea size hail returns. Never seen hail with the sun out!

LoL....Devil throwing ice cubes at his old lady!

Back