• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

5/4-6 possible severe wx

Definitely golf balls-limes falling out of this hail shaft.

ZDR of -1- -2 dB coupled with 65-70 dBz. Oof

Attachments

• E3CEB32A-A98F-418B-96F4-10D3F8C05D63.png
    E3CEB32A-A98F-418B-96F4-10D3F8C05D63.png
    699.1 KB · Views: 13
Looks like One hail storm has formed over north-eastern TN and additional storms are firing over Ashe County NC and East of Boone NC.

Pea size hail reported in Ashe County NC. These storms could create outflow boundaries for additional hail storms for NC/VA/TN. Isolated at best for now tho.

Everything looks so elevated here, even the roll clouds, 69/63 here with MUcape over 500jkgs

Can't rule out a thunderstorm tonight until that area between Knoxville TN and West Jefferson NC stops producing storms its trying to back build south-west into eastern TN where conditions are more ripe.

So the warm front never made it to Charlotte right? I keep seeing Tim Buckley (GSO met) tweeting images that imply the warm front is way further north than that.

I’m just getting on here after looking at the radar. The focus all day has been on the severe weather potential, but I can’t help but notice that training of heavy rain is trying to set up coming out of the the Upstate into South Mecklenburg and Union Counties.

So the warm front never made it to Charlotte right? I keep seeing Tim Buckley (GSO met) tweeting images that imply the warm front is way further north than that.
The front is not a straight line. Hope this helps. Matches pretty good with radar returns.
front.PNG

Back