• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

5/4-6 possible severe wx

Brad P. thought they would be issuing a tornado watch as well. So bizarre. I wonder if they will decrease the tornado threat on the next outlook.

Brad P. thought they would be issuing a tornado watch as well. So bizarre. I wonder if they will decrease the tornado threat on the next outlook.
For a majority of the watch area, hail and damaging winds are the main threat, south of the warm front where there’s enough instability to support storms, your hodographs are basically straight from the sfc up and that isn’t conducive to tors, it’s only an isolated area literally right on the front where tors may occur

66/57 at KCLT with overcast skies and a north wind at 6. Gonna have to press press [x] doubt on the warm front making it here and any surface based convection (& hence tors). Looks like exclusively a hail threat north of the SC border with some potential for damaging winds if non zero surface based cape is realized

The 5% tornado outlook is just basically the southern suburbs of Charlotte/Upstate now. Lot's of sun here though. Sitting at 72/68. It's amazing what difference a couple of miles make. I don't think I have ever seen that small of a 5% risk on any outlook.

The 5% tornado outlook is just basically the southern suburbs of Charlotte/Upstate now. Lot's of sun here though. Sitting at 72/68. It's amazing what difference a couple of miles make. I don't think I have ever seen that small of a 5% risk on any outlook.

And the sad part is they could be wrong....I have looked at three maybe four different radars and none of them are the same when you put them in future mode.

Back