• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 4/28-30 2020 Severe Chance

Radar is a lot more "lit" than I thought it would be given what the SPC and others have said. I'm not overly concerned atm, but I am curious as to what these storms do once they hit the LLJ and wind energy over the Piedmont. I wouldn't sleep on this quite yet.

Looks like some of the storms to the west of us are starting to take on that bow echo shape.

925mb jet really starting to pick up, hrrr shows the line solidifying as it encounters that low level jet, don’t know if I like this 1FB34528-DE0A-445E-86A8-EBCF7A9A3909.png1323540D-60E1-41AD-ADA3-2DD3A1545F6B.png

Lots of lightning. Appears storms are strengthening over western Wilkes

Going to flood soon if this stuff doesn’t shift East over the piedmont.

925mb jet really starting to pick up, hrrr shows the line solidifying as it encounters that low level jet, don’t know if I like this View attachment 40716View attachment 40717

Not a great look for the Carolina's. As has been stated before, something is making us a nado hotspot. I don't know it's related to the Lee trough or just the influence of the Atlantic and Gulf being so warm.

Not a great look for the Carolina's. As has been stated before, something is making us a nado hotspot. I don't know it's related to the Lee trough or just the influence of the Atlantic and Gulf being so warm.
Just this time of year. When I was growing up we had strong tornadoes around Davie County NC forever it seemed each spring. Well past several years they have been weaker and non-existent for the piedmont just below Winston-Salem.

Looks like worse is over for me. Heavy rain some strikes of lightning. Was windier before the rain moved in. Oh well

I think at some point tonight and tomorrow morning we will get a more congealed line to form and bring these winds to the ground quickly .. models say as the night progresses things line up more atmospherically and I will tell you right now we’ve had frequent heavy gusts in Apex So far and these slow moving lines are far from here

I think at some point tonight and tomorrow morning we will get a more congealed line to form and bring these winds to the ground quickly .. models say as the night progresses things line up more atmospherically and I will tell you right now we’ve had frequent heavy gusts in Apex So far and these slow moving lines are far from here
Meh so was Wilkes all day but once lines got here it was nothing maybe even less wind.

still interested in tomorrow, hrrrv4 developed a multicellular cluster, could see some small hail/gusty winds given Mid level LRs around 7C and 500 jkg of MLcape 42AFCD6B-2507-4D86-BC61-E3636E01A1DF.pngE1B749B7-2AFE-4E38-92C3-7C55A49EE21B.png05C3C2D9-5B6F-4898-9AC4-AC8A2AEA9290.png

2-3” have fallen here already. No let-up any time soon. Big swath training over a big broad area. Unique system here

Need to look in the eastern GOM. Ominous looking squall line heading for the coast of Florida... moisture transport disruption?

Need to look in the eastern GOM. Ominous looking squall line heading for the coast of Florida... moisture transport disruption?

I had seen that earlier on around 7 or 8 and was wondering the same. The line was able to solidify up a bit, there were a couple of strong winds around, but overall, not too bad.

Like the other event, the worst of the wind was well ahead of the front, in my back yard at least.

All we got was a lot of heavy rain, no wind associated with it....Wind picked up earlier before the rain moved in after that it was absent......What really helped is that the rain moved in early and knocked out the instability..............What really irritates me is that they hype these things for days then when it gets here its a dud......Why do they do that?

Back