• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 4/28-30 2020 Severe Chance

I thought it was windy when it woke me up, but no, that's just how hard it was raining on the leaves of the trees.

2.54" For me.
Almost exactly the same for me. 2.53” two miles north of downtown off of Piney Grove.

All we got was a lot of heavy rain, no wind associated with it....Wind picked up earlier before the rain moved in after that it was absent......What really helped is that the rain moved in early and knocked out the instability..............What really irritates me is that they hype these things for days then when it gets here its a dud......Why do they do that?
Because we rely so much on pretty, 24/7 model output that we fail to sharpen our forecasting skills.

Like the storm chance today for Far Eastern Wilkes County south to Huntersville NC could see some hail develop not sure how Far East it will survive maybe 1-2 counties.

That line apparently produced some really strong winds in DeKalb county Georgia last night. FFC must have missed it at the time.

Looks like some showers are trying to form in the Western Piedmont. Let's see if they can materialize into some storms. HRRR was showing this yesterday...

That line apparently produced some really strong winds in DeKalb county Georgia last night. FFC must have missed it at the time.
I can confirm those strong winds even over here. Knocked out our power briefly. I don’t think there was any, but it sounded like we had some hail and a couple lightning strikes. Other than the winds, the rain was torrential. No tree/home damage thankfully.

Looks like some showers are trying to form in the Western Piedmont. Let's see if they can materialize into some storms. HRRR was showing this yesterday...

They didn't amount to much. .08" drizzle / light shower. Was rather pleasant.

Know a guy on another forum that lives in Wanchese, NC and says a waterspout came ashore as the storms hit yesterday and did a lot of roof and tree damage over by the airport. There is also an official report to 911 of the waterspout hitting. Will be interesting to see if they do a survey.

Back