• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

4/24/20-4/26/20 possible severe weather

The HRRR has a nasty looking supercell tracking over northern Guilford county. The sounding doesn't scream tornado though, so there's that.

Also mediocre dew point, high dew point spread, and minimal surface CAPE up here which I hope verifies (sorry storm chasers!)

Not looking like anything here east of 95. This will be the 3rd advertised severe risk that has faded into a nothingburger.

This one was never advertised by models to be a threat for our area. It’s more to our west if anything.

Forgot to post this but the NAM shows decent storms, some with weak rotation, storms with rotation may pose a large hail/damaging wind risk given the fact that rotating updrafts often produce more instances of severe 6559410F-F224-4201-98EF-B21E4EC05D47.pngFB31514F-4E80-4FAA-A270-1A761478EBFF.png

It’s worth noting that tommorow May be one of those instances where large hail may occur with even modest CAPE, large straight hodos still look likely which increases the threat of splitting supercells and large hail, especially isolated supercells, also looks like off the deck inflow will be around 35-45kts 83062BA4-E15F-4CE9-97B0-9AC762E4659E.png7B94AB02-362B-4F7F-A964-F7E7A63D4E80.jpeg

My bad. Thought we'd hope for less of an opportunity for destruction and death.
You're a member of a weather forum. If everyone just liked sunshine and 72 degrees, we probably wouldn't spend so much time together. I don't think anyone hopes for death and destruction.

MHX sure seemed to think we had a threat a few days ago. Still mentioning possible severe in their disco.

Meh they’ve dropped the ball so many times on things I never read their discos anymore. RAH is much better and more detailed usually.

I personally love storms, I hate death and destruction, but they interest me, and not to forget the photogenic chances you get with them, just something that’s so interesting

Awe inspiring comes to mind then addictive.

True story. I get up to see a good storm even if it's at 3am. So one night I'm laying there and I hear some distant thunder and its growing louder. I then feel my wifes(then girlfriend) hand cover my ear. She literally tries to block me from hearing the storm cause she knew i was heading outside at 3am lol.

If I have to take any severe weather, it would be hail because it is the least deadly of all. Tbh, the idea of a mainly large hail threat excited me.

If I have to take any severe weather, it would be hail because it is the least deadly of all. Tbh, the idea of a mainly large hail threat excited me.

I fear that the most. My house has survived numerous severe gusts. 2 inch hail could destroy my siding my roof and my cars.....no thanks.

Back