• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 3/30-4/2 Severe Weather

(First Post)

I'm going to have some Severe Weather action on March 30th, it appears linear for my area, but there's a chance that the models will shift into a more discrete mode & a slower storm system, the SPC has a Slight Risk for my area on D5 & the Mississippi River Valley from Illinois to Louisiana & Mississippi on D6

EDIT: It looks like that the bulk of the Severe Weather on D5 is along & west of US-69

Last edited:
Wind fields look really impressive with this system … large warm sector out ahead of a potent negative titled trough spells trouble … with impressive low level shear showing concerning for discrete activity out ahead main line … also not on 12z euro , system appears slowed down tad, so timing as now for Memphis area thinking early evening maybe now. But all modes severe hazard are on the table thus far . Plenty time watch for changes also meso stuff be more clearer… edit. I do think spc will pull trigger N show higher probs severe weather by end weekend , if things hold
Timing will change with this setup some, always does. as stupid as it sounds you will probably see a shift more east for higher threat area. Like clockwork it always happens lol. Checked some soundings for multiple areas, pretty good veering with winds. Better placement of 500mb winds like arcc said you'd rather have them coming more from west/southwest which they are.

Ridiculous hodograph per the GFS. For the state line MS/AL. Low cape and etc. But impressive hodograph.download (2).png

gfs_2022032612_105_31.5--90.0.png

S Central MS.

Looks like a crazy day for the Mississippi River Valley, also with Supercells in the Enhanced risk area, I'm not going to be surprised at yet another Moderate Risk for Mississippi, Climo favors Dixie Alley for Severe Storms until at least April/May

Last edited:
Back