• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 3/30-4/2 Severe Weather

With the SPC wording for tornadoes, I'm surprised there isn't an upgrade to a high risk.
Not high enough to warrant a high risk, you'd have to have A 45% hatched tornado risk to warrant it. You could see a high wind risk though. But not out of the question for a 30% hatched tornado risk. Even so the large 15% is pretty impressive.

Mississippi and NW Alabama covered with high wind warnings. I don’t recall ever seeing that for our area at least outside of a tropical system. I wonder what the likelihood of the moderate risk expanding today is.

Not high enough to warrant a high risk, you'd have to have A 45% hatched tornado risk to warrant it. You could see a high wind risk though. But not out of the question for a 30% hatched tornado risk. Even so the large 15% is pretty impressive.
Think 30 percent hatched tornado risk warrants a high risk category 30 percent plus is the threshold

@BufordWX
That Mesocyclone cleared me by less than 1 Mile, I was woken up at 11:38 PM last night to this Tornado Warned storm.
(Someone told me on a different forum that it was likely a Radar-Indicated Funnel Cloud)

My Grandmother thought that this was "Just another storm with a LOT of Lightning & Thunder, until the winds started to pick up & it was really strange".

Waking up to tornado warnings is usually a feature of the bad severe days in the south.
Yup, just wait till conditions ripen and you move into Mississippi and Alabama. You'll probably have tornado warning left and right with spin ups if the NWS can even catch them in time.

Back