• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 3/24-3/26 possible severe wx

Not saying this will end up being anything near this level but I just read the top CIPS analog on latest run is 4/27/11.

Definitely looks bad though, keep your fingers crossed for some sort of failure mode to pop up.

No saying this will end up being anything near this level but I just read the top CIPS analog is 4/27/11.

Definitely looks bad though, keep your fingers crossed for some sort of failure mode to pop up.
Hmm. ?

No saying this will end up being anything near this level but I just read the top CIPS analog on latest run is 4/27/11.

I'm not trying to get on you here, but every time we seem to see 4/27/11 brought up. Almost guaranteed it will not be as bad, that was a generational event

I'm not trying to get on you here, but every time we seem to see 4/27/11 brought up. Almost guaranteed it will not be as bad, that was a generational event
Understood, thats why I preficed it with "I'm not saying this will end up being anywhere near this level".

But shows the atmosphere is likely primed for something serious.

4/27/11 needs to be banned from use in all severe threads. It gets thrown around likes it’s nothing lol
Didn't throw it around like anything. A little reading comprehension and you would see I said it wasn't necessarily going to end up being another 4/27/11 but yeah maybe if some people see that is the top analog they will take it more seriously.

Storms in Arab are pretty rough. The schools are not dismissing until 12 but the kids are not changing classes at this time due to wind and hail. Definitely second guessing myself sending them this morning

Didn't throw it around like anything. A little reading comprehension and you would see I said it wasn't necessarily going to end up being another 4/27/11 but yeah maybe if some people see that is the top analog they will take it more seriously.
Wasn’t calling out you in particular, it’s just anytime there is a severe threat people always act like it’s the next 4/27

Storms in Arab are pretty rough. The schools are not dismissing until 12 but the kids are not changing classes at this time due to wind and hail. Definitely second guessing myself sending them this morning
Heard there was some power outages in Arab

Wasn’t calling out you in particular, it’s just anytime there is a severe threat people always act like it’s the next 4/27
Yeah its just human nature really. It is a generational event that is permanently branded in a lot of peoples memories and most of them are terrified. Do you 'hype' something up and hope it busts or take a less aggressive approach and hope it doesn't overperform. It's a lose lose situation until we get better at forecasting really. People fall on both sides of the fence. 4/27/11 will get some peoples attention when they hear it and take heed. Other people will brush it off because of all the times it didn't turn out to be 4/27/11.

Unfortunately there is no perfect way to warn people. And I am not expecting a 4/27/11 but something very serious is definitely possible here.

Last edited:
It obviously won't be as wide spread as 4-27 but one or two EF3 or an EF4 going through a populated area can make for a very bad day.

Back